My 83 Monte Carlo SS carb LS build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
pulled the dash back out to clean up the wiring further. weather looks bad next few days so idk if ill get to do any work on it. plus i need a mental break lol
Take a breather buddy, you've been hammering away! My dad (veteran diesel mechanic) always told me to step back from time to time to prevent screwing up stuff....especially with wiring which is his expertise and everything i know about wiring he taught me.

Btw, did you get an answer on what color wires for turn signals? I wanna say light blue and dark blue...but not 100%. I can get my book out and look em up if need be.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
Take a breather buddy, you've been hammering away! My dad (veteran diesel mechanic) always told me to step back from time to time to prevent screwing up stuff....especially with wiring which is his expertise and everything i know about wiring he taught me.

Btw, did you get an answer on what color wires for turn signals? I wanna say light blue and dark blue...but not 100%. I can get my book out and look em up if need be.

yeah i took a step back, thats why i pulled the dash out... i said to myself "i can make this wiring look much better"

I am re-using the fuel gauge wire ( checked the ohms at the tank and in the car and the numbers match)
voltage is coming from the switched 12v from the old cluster.

blinkers are light blue and dark blue

switched 12v is powering the gauges.

one wire i couldnt find was the dash lighting from the cluster harness side, but i tapped the gray wire on the headlight switch which provides power to the dash lights so it should have the same function...

pretty much I am trying really hard to have this car not be a big piece of sh*t... and thats what is weighing on me...

have the rims in my storage container, seats are on order...

i just hope it all comes together.

Reactions: 1 users

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
ordered TESSA tape, the felt tape that audi VW uses to wrap harnesses... going to wrap the wires in that so it looks good..

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
I could of picked it up at the supplier that he gets his products from but I figured i would just order it online and give my self a few day break !

the white seats got delivered today.

pretty much I will tape up the wires when the tape comes, then put the dash in, wire the cluster up. once that is done, order the seat mounts, console mount, console, carpet and shifter.

Reactions: 1 users

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
x pipe kit got delivered today... we were all set to start fabricating the exhaust when we realized we ran out of 3 inch flanges
we ordered some so hopefully in the next week or so we can start tackling that...

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
You've got a hell of a car. It sounds pretty tough with that cam.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor