My Dodge Truck Project (Cummins Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Rusty Hook Auto Salvage in Harmony. They had an '84 Monte Carlo. Still looked mostly complete.

Did you happen to notice if it was an A/C or heat only car?

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Which are you looking for? I have a redone heat only module with everything that I may need to go.
I need a heat only box.

Nov 4, 2012
Got my old dash removed, pulled the wiring harness out of it, carefully removed the harness from the new dash and installed my harness into the old dash. Wasnt hard, took a couple hours and had to be careful. No hidden fasteners or anything.
20220501_120054.jpg
20220501_150531.jpg

New dash ready to go.
20220501_150847.jpg

It's been raining on and off today and with the dash out, I found the source of my water leak. Turns out the windshield is leaking. Of course it couldn't just be something easy. So I'll be in contact with my glass guy.
20220501_150717~2.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Got my old dash removed, pulled the wiring harness out of it, carefully removed the harness from the new dash and installed my harness into the old dash. Wasnt hard, took a couple hours and had to be careful. No hidden fasteners or anything.
View attachment 197594 View attachment 197595
New dash ready to go.
View attachment 197597
It's been raining on and off today and with the dash out, I found the source of my water leak. Turns out the windshield is leaking. Of course it couldn't just be something easy. So I'll be in contact with my glass guy.
View attachment 197598
Good that you found it though. That will be a big improvement for the truck.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Good that you found it though. That will be a big improvement for the truck.

Yeah, I almost missed it. Just barely saw the puddle in the corner of the windshield. I just hate doing windshields. Always feels like opening a can of worms. Rather, chasing water leaks is opening a can of worms. I went through this whole mess with my old F-150. Fortunately the Dodge has a much better, simpler cowl and firewall design.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Now for today's update. The bad news is my glass guy is out on medical leave getting his knee replaced and I literally hate all of the other auto glass guys around here. They're all whiny b*tches.
"wE cAn'T wArRaNtY oLdEr vEhiCleS"
"wE dOn'T wOrK iN tHe rAiN"
"wE cAn'T gEt iT oUt wiThOuT bReAkInG iT"
"iF tHeRe iS rUsT wE cAn'T dO aNyThiNg"

Not eager to deal with any of them, I decided to take a closer look at the leak myself. I soaked the area with soapy water and used the air gun to blow from the inside. I didn't see any super obvious leaks around the windshield itself, but I found a hole behind the metal rail that holds the weatherstripping that wasn't sealed and would've allowed water through. I used some Permatex Windshield and Glass flowing silicone around that hole and I put some around the seam in the windshield frame for good measure. After letting it dry for a couple hours I sprayed it down with a hose for about 5 minutes and the leak seems to have stopped. I'm cautiously optimistic. Its supposed to rain tomorrow, we'll see what happens.

20220502_151111~2.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Dude I bow my hat to you for as much work as your putting into this thing.

I know it's a diesel, in good shape, well optioned. You will 100% turn a profit when you go to sell it. But, my inner dodge hater still tells me 'but it's a dodge'!

But still, swapping dashes, doing carpets, pulling the trans, etc., you ain't a quitter! I'm impressed.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor