My Ford Truck Project (And Other Projects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Yeah they are available. Really pricey but it is an option. I really do prefer the appearance of a factory head unit.

The rain stopped so I went back outside and cleaned up the tools and put the tape deck head unit back in for now. It's back together for now. Honestly I might go the FM transmitter for the time being.

FYI I'm blaming this problem on iheartmedia for systematically destroying the radio market in Pittsburgh.
At least you had good radio at some point in your life. Houston radio has always sucked.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
At least you had good radio at some point in your life. Houston radio has always sucked.

Pittsburgh used to have awesome radio. WDVE was the quintessential Pittsburgh station- rock, unapologetic comedy, Steelers games and a half decent morning show. It's now a watered down, ad filled, P.C., shamelessly political shell of what it once was.

We even had good AM radio, 1410 KQV "All News, All The Time" , 1020 KDKA with Fred Honsberger, 1320 WJAS oldies.

Now KQV and WJAS are gone and technically still exist, but only in their call signs. Different owners, different content. And if you can listen to KDKA for more than 5 minutes without feeling suicidal, you need to see a shrink.

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Is this how life turns out when you don't work on your Buick enough?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Nov 4, 2012
If cash wasn't so tight right now I'd have a matching Mustang roller-

• Indifferent
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Now that’s a home for your 5.8 swap. Too bad it’s not a notchback.

A notchback in Calypso Green with a 5.8 and a 5 speed... stop giving me ideas.

I'm waiting for this guy to drop his price a little. It already has a flywheel and a clutch on it so assuming it's a S/D motor and not MAF it'd be a straight drop in.

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
So not sure if I mentioned it or not, but my gas gauge has been acting up a bit lately. It's been stuck around 3/8ths of a tank regardless of which tank it's on, but every once in a while it'll start wandering around. I haven't worried too much about it because I usually fill up once a week, regardless of how much gas is in it.

Well it finally bit me in the *ss today. Was on I-279 headed home from work and it sputtered and stalled out at 70 mph. I got over to the shoulder and stopped and switched the tank, started it right up, got off at the next exit and filled up both tanks.

Dual tanks to the rescue. Coulda been a lot worse.

JPEG_20200803_195124_7158017236831891454.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Was out at the junkyard today with UC645 and pagrunt and seemingly ran it out of gas again. Gauge was reading about 3/8ths of a tank when I left. Had a hard time starting when I went to leave, but it finally did start. It drove fine after that until I was a couple miles from home and it stalled. I coasted off to the side of the road, switched tanks and it started right back up. Drove home, put just a little gas in the front tank so it wasn't dry and checked the fuel pressure. Was at 40 PSI and 45 with the FPR disconnected, well within spec so no problem there. Drove it down to the gas station and turns out it was just thristy-

20200808_202253.jpg

Tank is 19 gallons so it was completely dry. I know this thing gets bad fuel mileage, but I'm a little shocked it used 19 gallons since Monday. I dont know how many miles I drove this week, but I don't feel like I should've burned through 19 gallons.

And whaddaya know, fill the tank and the gauge starts working...
20200808_202808.jpg

I gotta look into it.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor