Need help finding parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWagoon

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
I would check online to sites such as autobody101 or similar blogs that you can glean information from people that are in the trade. I wouldn't jump into it head first unless you have a sense of direction. It always helps to have a friend, or family member that has experience doing bodywork.
I believe there are even books that can give you some direction. Another thought...check out your local community college to see if they offer courses in autobody repair. I think that would get my vote.
In either case, you have to start somewhere.

Thank you very much for all this information, Sir. I will check out my local college and on the weekend I'll ask some of the folks and the car show..

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
I thought I was having problem with a new sender last year and it turned out to be the aluminum pink wire so I ran a new pink wire from the tank to the gauge and it's accurate

Hmm .... I'll be looking at my wire. I remember that the connector near the tank, between the wire running to the gauge and the wire running to the sender, struck me as problem-prone. I had trouble convincing myself that it was well plugged together.

Last edited:

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
You mean prime it after sanding, right? I'm located in Canada, B.C, Penticton.

My friend and I tried looking everywhere around town and we thought about trying to repair it ourselves but I ended up bringing to Crappy Tire. The technician there fixed the Unit and found a new cluster for free for me. I just got my wagoon back today. they really dinged me hard but man I could'nt figure it out. I'll go back and ask him how he did it though.

that surprises me that a technician at CT fixed something instead of just changing parts...

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Electrical systems have never been my strong suit, along with a closet full of other areas, so I solicit the possibility that my comments may be confused or off the track somewhere.

that's bad news, I thought I finally came across someone who is a genius with electrical crap......:D

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
:banana::rofl:

TheWagoon

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
My wagon has now been sitting in my driveway for about 4 months. Forgot to update that the fuel sending unit was not 100% fixed ( should of listened to my friends) it read better than before but goes haywire after half tank & also now stalls, when I accelerate? Vaccum leak I assume? wasn't like that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor