Never ending project

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Thanks guys!

I have given up on chroming the bumpers for now. I was thinking of black chrome paint, but with the cost and the fact that it will just get chipped off, I decided to just paint them to match the body for now.

I need some sand/abrasive for the blaster. I hope to have the bumpers fitted next week

Thanks MalibuSSwagon!..............I plan on running IROC wheels if they fit properly with my B-body spindle/brake setup. My front track is slightly wider

stenberg83

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2010
Charlotte, Michigan
man that wagon is lookin sick!!!

im a sucker for all blacked out cars, i call it the "stealth" look lol

and that black grill especially makes the car look 10x better imo

good job on the build, it makes me jealous :oops:

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
I finally got a little work done yesterday, blasted the bumpers, filled the top holes in the rear bumper, and welded the ends up on the rear. I'm not happy with the front bumper fitment, but it is going on any. I will likely pick up another front and try it again this winter, but for now it's good enough.

CIMG0312.jpg

CIMG0313-1.jpg

I hope to get the back sides and braces coated in POR15 tonight and the rest painted by the weekend

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Lookin' good, Brian.
Keep up the good work as usual. 8)

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
baby steps :oops:

I was going to do another coat, but the bugs moved in on me, Oh well, I will assemble the brackets and mounts on monday, and if needed I will nib it off and give em another squirt

CIMG0331.jpg

CIMG0330.jpg

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's comin' together. Did you also collapse the energy absorbers in order to tuck the bumper closer to the body?

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Longroof79 said:
It's comin' together. Did you also collapse the energy absorbers in order to tuck the bumper closer to the body?

Yes I did. It looks much better with them squashed in, but I'm gonna need you to post my bail the first time some dip sh*t rams me in the *ss :lol: A lot less protection this way :shock:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
dirtywhiteboy said:
Yes I did. It looks much better with them squashed in, but I'm gonna need you to post my bail the first time some dip sh*t rams me in the *ss :lol: A lot less protection this way :shock:
=========================================================================================================
Yeah, I know what you mean. Although, it's got to have more protection than a fiberglass roll pan with little to no support back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor