Nov 28, 2019
pics from today
monte2.jpg
monte1.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
I was in the process of changing intakes, when I found a major problem. I have a eldebrock dual plane aluminum intake and a HEI distributor I was swapping out when I came across this issue in the pic. I can't believe it didn't drop a valve. At least now I know why the motor ran rough.

305.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
I'd go play the lottery real quick before that luck runs out lol

No kidding lol! I cant decided what I want to do. All I have is 350 heads laying around, not the best castings either. Pretty much boat anchors, but they're complete. I could fix these, but more than likely the valve is bent. Push rod is bent, and valve spring is broken. I found one clip under the intake.

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
Yea treat it like a 396 and notch the cyl walls at the top for the valves lol, if you were close to PGH I got a set of 305 heads (416)s with 2.02/1.5s screw in studs guide plates

That'd be sweet. But you're right, 350 heads on a 305 aren't ideal. Id lose to much compression. I do have a buddy who happens to have one good 305 head he gave me. May have lucked out, gonna go ahead and change both head gaskets.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor