New here

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
I am literally having a hell of a time with these exhaust manifolds. Bolts rounded off, rusted, and stuck. Finally called it a night, borrowing a buddy's torch and going to torch the bolts off. I'm not going to use these manifolds again anyways so not concerned if they get damaged. I have no idea what else to do.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
That sucks man never fun ,good set of Irwin sockets for stripped bolt heads Lowe's sells them ,life savers at times

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
81PTA4HmocL._SX425_.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
That sucks man never fun ,good set of Irwin sockets for stripped bolt heads Lowe's sells them ,life savers at times

if i don't get the torch then i defiantly will. Seems like it'd work for me.

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
This is my dads cutlass. Paid $400 roller for it, and then $200 on wheels.

Attachments

• dadscutty.jpg
    dadscutty.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: 3 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
if i don't get the torch then i defiantly will. Seems like it'd work for me.
I'd say much easier than a torch, these did great with a lug I had a hell of a time with

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
welp I torched them off. Got them off, and one head off. I didn't know some 305s came with flat top pistons?

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
Then your motor is a factory 9.5 compression odd for a 84 engine I think it’s 85 to 88 G vin

It may not be the original engine? I'd guess that it is but its possible its not. Vin says its a 84, Door sticks says manufactured in 83 too. Is this a better engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor