New house

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
More I'm thinking about it, you should of put a built in gun vault so it could be converted to a TP vault to protect your most important item.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
As of today our construction loan is officially done. We had our last draw and the house is "finished" according to the bank. Contractor has to come back in a couple of weeks and finish the rough grade, pour some concrete pads and fix a couple of things. A closet door that's messed up, bring the waste pump for the basement bathroom that we're putting in at a later date, and install some flashing around the roof. Can't wait to get this mess of a lawn fixed so everything isn't muddy.

Reactions: 6 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Just realized I never posted a finished pic of the kitchen after the counters were installed.

MVIMG_20200323_164721.jpg

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 18 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Looks great. Welcome home!

Reactions: 1 users

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
Just read this whole “story” lol. Awesome job and congrats. We just remodeled our kitchen and have what look like exact same cabinets and I used exact same door/drawer pulls.

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Just read this whole “story” lol. Awesome job and congrats. We just remodeled our kitchen and have what look like exact same cabinets and I used exact same door/drawer pulls.
Thanks! Yeah I went to an auction to buy these cabinets. Then they sold for way more than I thought they were worth, especially considering that we would've still needed to order more cabinets. I ended up finding a place online that sold the same brand, and we got the whole set we needed for less than I would've spent just at the auction... Doing your homework really pays off.

My boss is currently redoing his kitchen himself. He's spending more on just his cabinets, than we did on our entire kitchen, including granite, and appliances!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
So it's been awhile since I've updated this thread. We're basically settled in. Some pictures are hung, master shower doors are finally on. Nice weather finally showed up. Started leveling it with a cultivator towed behind my atv and it was doing a good job, but there were just so many rocks to pick up. Posted on FB asking if anyone had a rock hound. A friend says yeah I have access to one. So here we sit on our deck watching him level the yard and pick rocks at the same time. Cheers!

Oh and here's the shower finally all done. No we don't have a window in the shower, it's just a reflection on the doors. 🤣

15903503890043914764825982372397.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I was just going to say about those shower "windows".... "Exhibitionists at work- Insert quarters here to raise the shade" . Might as well make a few bucks... :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I was just going to say about those shower "windows".... "Exhibitionists at work- Insert quarters here to raise the shade" . Might as well make a few bucks... :LOL:
I lived in New Orleans for 3 years in an apartment. There was a small shower in the bathroom that actually had a window built right in starting the usual knee high level.

They did paint over the glass on the lower half of it at least, and it was useful as a ledge to rest a beer bottle on while showering

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yard is leveled!

IMG_20200524_202353.jpg
IMG_20200524_202401.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 11 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor