• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
84GP455 said:
It's called an opera window and the car looks stupid without it.

Umm, I have to agree with ^this guy^.

These cars look really bad without them. Or at least something in their place. I agree that something new and different. But it just looks wrong when it's all filled in. I would suggest maybe making some kind of ventilation set up or something. Like make some kind of cool louver on the outside. And some kind of closable vent for the inside.

Again, it just looks to plain to just fill the area in. It's cool to be creative and different, but not when the end result looks worse than when you started. I would try to find something creative to do with that spot if you delete the window.

But, everyone has their own opinion. And that just mine lol.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
a window allows visibility to the area outside of a car...why add another blind spot just for the sake of looks....

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
to bad its a parts car eh

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
do some fancy pinstriping... you'd be all set!

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
One possibility that comes to mind is taking a set of door glass from another Regal and using the last foot or so of them. They extend down about 6 inches past the top of the door to attach the upper movement limiter, and that could then be used as the track attachment point for the new quarter glass track. Plus, the curvature of the door glass is what you want to match, so using a door glass makes the most sense.

That "sounds" like a good idea, but you can't cut down the factory side windows. Its tempered glass and will just shatter when you try to cut it.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I've seen g-bodies over the years with deleted quarter windows and IMHO, it looks absolutely terrible. Looks exactly like what it is - a car with missing windows. The huge blank spot stands out like a sore thumb.

I've seen chopped g-bodies and shorter quarter windows, but I'm not sure how they did it... perhaps they used plexiglass in it's place?

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
probably^

ive been trying to picture what the car would look like with an extended door, but that messes up the proportions of the car too (and would be almost impossible...) i cant picture the car looking good without that window, unless its a fancy paint, slammed 20's show stomping machine where body mods are so plentiful and subtle that you hardly notice the roof, but that cost more money than you have to spend on it unfortunately,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor