Olds 403 value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, those are some pretty antiquated theories.

How bad do all of the available heads flow? Because that is going to limit power potential.

Second, valve train design dictates RPM, not the stroke. Again what options exist to build a complimentary valve train?

They are pigs, plain and simple.

I know im building one.....why I have no clue, must have been on a bad trip when I found it

There is only one head choice to use without modification for the 403 and that is the 403 head.

The heads NEED to be opened up to make any power.

The mains are a complete joke.

Gm made them with less than 200hp for a reason and it wasnt because of the gas crunch

I know im building one.....why I have no clue, must have been on a bad trip when I found it

There is only one head choice to use without modification for the 403 and that is the 403 head.

Gm made them with less than 200hp for a reason and it wasnt because of the gas crunch

So boost it is!

they only had to make to 55mph.
oh and out of warranty. :banana: :banana:

but for a street cruiser, i'd still take one.

Actually the RPM heads with the matching intake just need to be drilled for 1/2" head bolts and need an electric fuel pump and roller rockers to work on a 403. They give 9+ to 1 compression with the KB and Arias pistons, 77cc vs 83cc plus for stock 4A heads and flow 260 CFM on the intake side along with a better flowing raised floor exhaust port.

Reactions: L92 OLDS
Well he is about to hang himself from all the mental case phone calls he has been getting. Oddly, not a single person asked what motor was in it. Just if it ran. Sounds like flippers looking to speculate on it.

Just wait until the Prince of Zamunda emails him and offers 30k for it if he cashes a check for 31k

Well, TURNA called it. Block is busted. Somewhere up behind the pass side motor mount. At first it looks like just a freeze plug. But when the engine runs it vomits butterscotch pudding all down the side. A freeze plug would not include oil unless there is a crack into an oil gallery right there too where they can mix. After shutting it down it sounds like a wheezing cow dying and more crud comes blasting out. I guess that is the oil pressure giving it's last gasp. I drained the oil and more butterscotch. You put more oil in and it vomits out as butterscotch. Oh well, now to give him the bad news.

Ill take the heads

Stay tuned- he may even just junk the car now. Personally I would grab the disc rear and the T-350 trans. The rest is expendable.

• Wow
Reactions: fleming442
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor