Olds ticket to 9s... LS swap adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Thanks man, appreciate it from you OCD guys. ;)
You're a hell of a better welder than me. The welds look strong and look good. Nothing more needed.

Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I can't find many 4L80e scattershields, I think I might use a flywheel shield and hope that makes the cut. I was looking at the summit diaper, but its going to be a b*tch to get between the crossmember and the oil pan. With the holley mounts, I might have to lift the motor out to install and remove for cruising. I haven't figured those out yet. I have heard that the tracks here are pretty laid back right now, I may lean heavily on that to get her sorted out and into the lower 9s.
I can tell you based on Drag Week , the engine diapers suck. Getting them to stay on is a challenge and chronic messing with. I’m planning to put on a bolt on, home grown pan made from aluminum. I found an SFI transmission cover.

Everyone tells me locally I don’t need a flexplate shield as it will be a ‘they’ll let you go’ deal. But......I’d like to do all necessary to keep my toes and feet fully functional.

Reactions: 5 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Getting pretty close to done with the cage install.

Opened up the trunk floor. Just about a sin for a car with such clean floors.
20201203_151134.jpg

Tested out the new China plasma cutter and burnt some 4" discs to fit in the top of the spring pockets.
20201203_152615.jpg

Man, plasma cutter makes quick work of this kind of metal work. For running on 110v, and at 18amps it works mint. Highly recommend looking into a China machine for hobbie stuff.

Burnt the rigs in with some not to shabby looking welds with the mig. Almost Instagram worthy.
20201204_180334.jpg 20201205_165706.jpg
Down bars and mount fish plates are fully fit and ready to tack together to weld out. I am super happy for this moment. I need to get the door bars bent, as well as the dash bar bent to fit to finish the cage but this is the last piece I will need to lift the body to weld in. Hopefully have the cage painted and the body bolted back to the frame soon.

20201205_174732.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Cage looks great. China bad.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I'll speak for him since his cell reception sucks. Duke is still down south (think cigars), and won't be back in Canuckistan for a couple months.

Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Dont be like me, update the peoples!

I'll speak for him since his cell reception sucks. Duke is still down south (think cigars), and won't be back in Canuckistan for a couple months.
I know the feeling of not enough updates , at least he has a good excuse ( :) )

I think he's going to be hard pressed to keep up once he's back ;)

Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Ha, I have the stage 3 summit cart ready for dispatch as soon as I get my ticket back to the world and 2 solid weeks of uninterrupted quarantine to get caught up. My local track has first test and tune end of May and I need to make it to that.

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor