Olds ticket to 9s... LS swap adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Ive been debating ditching my low ram base for a dual injector one.

Looking good bro
Thanks man.

I would think hard if you want to run dual fuel or need a massive amount of fuel for your goals. A single set of 210lb or 160lb injectors will go pretty far and still be reasonable for street use. 16 injectors is a pain in the butt, and costs an unreasonable amount of money for the small gains you get. If I was to do this again I would not go down this path. Food for thought.

Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Hmmmm.

Dual fuel is fabulous plan for Methanol which needs an AFR of 4:1 or so. After that, 210’s or equivalent ID’s or FIC’s is the deal.

But I can see you adding a 5 gallon Methanol cell before long. That stuff is C16 and E85 on steroids. But impossible to street drive with.

Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Hmmmm.

Dual fuel is fabulous plan for Methanol which needs an AFR of 4:1 or so. After that, 210’s or equivalent ID’s or FIC’s is the deal.

But I can see you adding a 5 gallon Methanol cell before long. That stuff is C16 and E85 on steroids. But impossible to street drive with.
Christian Bale Idk GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
Thanks man.

I would think hard if you want to run dual fuel or need a massive amount of fuel for your goals. A single set of 210lb or 160lb injectors will go pretty far and still be reasonable for street use. 16 injectors is a pain in the butt, and costs an unreasonable amount of money for the small gains you get. If I was to do this again I would not go down this path. Food for thought.
Well its a good thing i took your advice and ordered one anyways. Lol

Ill cap my fuel rail for now until im ready for the dual fuel. I have FID 2600's right now, those should last me a good bit on E85. Not sure how they do with Meth, but would be nice to use the same fuel injectors on both rails in the event on a drag week i needed to swap injectors.

Hmmmm.

Seen a lot of people switching over to methanol lately with a upfront independent fuel cell.
Not a bad deal if you plan to street drive and still have the ability to switch over to meth at the track.

Im purposly building my new car with the intentions of not shoe horning myself into not being able to upgrade as easily.

Duke, where this weeks update?

Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Well its a good thing i took your advice and ordered one anyways. Lol

Ill cap my fuel rail for now until im ready for the dual fuel. I have FID 2600's right now, those should last me a good bit on E85. Not sure how they do with Meth, but would be nice to use the same fuel injectors on both rails in the event on a drag week i needed to swap injectors.

Seen a lot of people switching over to methanol lately with a upfront independent fuel cell.
Not a bad deal if you plan to street drive and still have the ability to switch over to meth at the track.

Im purposly building my new car with the intentions of not shoe horning myself into not being able to upgrade as easily.

Duke, where this weeks update?
Don't forget a injector driver module... 554-142. And if you do a pass through connector for the firewall you'll need 8 more pins, one being 16ga.

No updates for 6 weeks... back to work...

20210916_115238.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ck1984

Apprentice
Sep 19, 2021
I'm not emotionally prepared to attack another vinyl top removal just yet. The last one has been going for 2 years.

The star was the previous owners "covering" of a surface rust spot. Hahaha.

I dont feel like you guys truly appreciate the cheese factor this beauty has.
i seem to have hail damage on my vinyl top and wondering whats easier, replace the vinyl top or delete it entirely for paint.
you found out the hard way its a bit of a disaster deleting the vinyl top?

• Haha

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
i seem to have hail damage on my vinyl top and wondering whats easier, replace the vinyl top or delete it entirely for paint.
you found out the hard way its a bit of a disaster deleting the vinyl top?
Kinda depends if you wanna do it right or not.

Personally, there could be solid gold sheet under that hideous vinyl but I'll never know because I won't try it again any time soon.

See my Regal Build thread for more details. Or Olds Cool for a better example of suffering through a vinyl top repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor