Operation Lipstick on a Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
If you are not going to take care of it, I will take it away! Time to start planning a turbo upgrade!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Recently, things just hadn't seemed right, and I couldn't put my finger on it. Then, yesterday, I was messing with the guy at work in the Q50S, and it wouldn't make the 3/4 shift under full throttle. I had a puckering moment as the revs hung at 6500, wouldn't come down, and wouldn't shift. :eek: I got it home and checked the fluid- dry as a bone. :eek: I put a half quart in, let it drain, checked it- still dry..... I put another half quart in, let it drain, checked it- started to show on the ball at the end.... I put a half quart in, let it drain, checked it- now, we're good. So, I lost 1 1/2 quarts over 32,000 miles <mental note: check trans fluid along with fuel filter during oil changes, dummy!> I can't remember if I put a rear seal in it and I run it pretty hard, so I'm not gonna sweat it. I just need to keep a more watchful eye. I'm on the bi-polar roller coaster, now that it's It's more or less finished, I'm kinda bored with it, I want to build another car, I'm broke, I need to get out of debt, it's a great commuter, it rides so good, I want new wheels, I'm going to need tires, I want to lower it.......yada, yada, yada
You drive it every day but are bored with it. I wish I had that problem. The grass is definitely greener from over here. I'm quickly approaching 5 years since mine ran. It's been under a car cover for more than a year. Now, that's because I chose to or had to give something else my attention. Not trying to give you sh*t. On the contrary, trying to make you feel better. Your's is a good problem to have. It's a cool car.

My unsolicited $0.02: continue to enjoy it and make minor improvements while focusing on getting out of debt. Getting out of debt was the best thing I ever did for myself.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Don't worry we are all in the same boat. Money has been super tight here too. It sucks *ss how my 70 runs. At least it isn't bending choke linkage but it occasionally sticks. It sounds good but the tick and 1600 stall blows. I got the 88 stripped down and wonder what I was thinking with it now I have it all stripped down. I need to get it done.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
"Keep yo pimp hand strong" 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Whose 2-post lift is that?

Lifts are for p*ssies and old men, unfortunately, it seems that I'm in both of those groups lol.

Recently, things just hadn't seemed right, and I couldn't put my finger on it. Then, yesterday, I was messing with the guy at work in the Q50S, and it wouldn't make the 3/4 shift under full throttle. I had a puckering moment as the revs hung at 6500, wouldn't come down, and wouldn't shift. :eek: I got it home and checked the fluid- dry as a bone. :eek: I put a half quart in, let it drain, checked it- still dry..... I put another half quart in, let it drain, checked it- started to show on the ball at the end.... I put a half quart in, let it drain, checked it- now, we're good. So, I lost 1 1/2 quarts over 32,000 miles <mental note: check trans fluid along with fuel filter during oil changes, dummy!> I can't remember if I put a rear seal in it and I run it pretty hard, so I'm not gonna sweat it. I just need to keep a more watchful eye. I'm on the bi-polar roller coaster, now that it's It's more or less finished, I'm kinda bored with it, I want to build another car, I'm broke, I need to get out of debt, it's a great commuter, it rides so good, I want new wheels, I'm going to need tires, I want to lower it.......yada, yada, yada

I think we're brothers from another mother hehe.

I can get so anal retentive and worried about things that don't really matter that I work myself into a frenzy. Perhaps it's some of some '3-5 hours a sleep a day is too much' program! Sounds like we might be minorly similar. Whether your in debt or keeping warm with a fire of $100 bills in the winter, when the man calls for you it will be irrelevant. I say scrounge together $1K and we'll put a turbo on that pig with lipstick - let me know when and I'll be around :):)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
8231074F-14B1-44C0-B746-E188D24AD4D2.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor