Opinions! Chevy engines vs. Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
I thought this thread was about Chevy and Olds ENGINES.

I think Olds has this one hands down...

b221562245.jpg

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
HurstOlds said:
I thought this thread was about Chevy and Olds ENGINES.

I think Olds has this one hands down...

b221562245.jpg

Okay... that is just sexy

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Dr. Rudy said:
keep your bloody v8s out of rx7s . but remember rotaries in everything you can

Ok what is this, the satanic rotary engine with its black magic shall be put to death and replaced with anything in V shape containing one single cam IN THE BLOCK and pushrods, because we love pushrods. :rofl:

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
Re: Who leaves their engine stock?.

84cutlassjuggalo said:
rustyroger said:
dare I say it but Honda for Hondas as well.

exactly keep olds in olds and chev in chev keep your bloody v8s out of rx7s :lol: . but remember rotaries in everything you can :lol:

WHOA alright well everyone should admit the rotary engine would be the best engine in existence if we had strong enough materials to make the engine work... the motor loves high rpms which means it likes to get hot but the tiny parts inside of it cant get that hot without failing... cuz id ****ing own one if i wanted to drop the motor everytime an apex seal broke... but assumedly, the perfect metal would stay at 32 degrees constantly, which would let the rotary wind up to like 20k creating an infinite amount of horsepower

this my friends is awesome.... its just too bad that in real life rx7s suck *ss

and pushrods are awesome :D

Dr. Rudy

Greasemonkey
Mar 19, 2011
Pennsylvania
you like that?...then check this out...
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/car-featur ... never-was/
thats also on another thread from this website but that engine would have changed the industry forever

Ahh yes the OW43, possibly one of the coolest engines ever built in Detroit. Because why shouldnt we have a 700hp engine, before tuning, in a street car. I wish the plans for this were around because building one would be badass.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I like sbc's for availability and decent power. For a high rpm screamer, I would take the big block Chrysler 383 with it have a 3.38 stroke, less than a sbc 350, and for a torque monster my choice would be the Chrysler 440. My malibu will get one of these motors way down the road lol.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Different is cool. But a 13b in a gbody would only work it you had 12 speed transmission to get it moving. You need torque to move something bigger than a go cart. :mrgreen:

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
i'll get two 13b's of a 4 rotor (i wish ,almost 20 grand) lol

dream on mcss said:
HurstOlds said:
I thought this thread was about Chevy and Olds ENGINES

it is but rotories deserve credit too
rotaryattack.jpg

sorry for getting this thread off track but nice to see some of your guy's opinions on rotors. i do like have easy it is to find a chevy. i would prefer and olds though but in my area i'm lucky to find an olds 350 that needs a rebuild let alone one that runs. i love olds but chevy is more common.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Rotary engines do make for a fun sporty car. I drove one back in 85 for a month or two while my buddy lost his license. That RX-7 would hang a curve as good or better than any car Ive ever driven. Lots of fun...but not a lot of fun for a long time. Beach trips were done in the Oldsmobile... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor