Optima battery ???'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Are your batteries made in Mexico

Dickeymoore, the fact that they are made in Mexico has nothing to do with it. The PPM data shows that the quality of product coming from Mexico is better than those produced in the USA. In years past I worked for Johnson Controls and still regularly visit the Mexico plant there. Most Optima failures are caused by consumer mistakes (allowing the battery to drain completely, rapid charging, repeated drains, etc)

As many have already said, you must use a battery tender if you want an AGM battery to last. I have 5 Optimas in my vehicles. 2 of them have 7 years plus and show no signs of failure

Read this

https://www.optimabatteries.com/en-us/support/charging/charging-agm-battery

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I suggest you properly charge the red top with the proper method and check the charging system on your car, put the red top in once it is fully charged and then see if you are still having problems.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If I put the battery on fast charge the car will crank within 15 seconds so what kind of battery tender do you suggest

If you are not going to read the posts I think you should do you own reserarch on how to properly charge a red top battery or just buy an interstate battery

Kratos

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2017
Central Pa
[QUOTE I'm thinking a Interstate Battery[/QUOTE]
I am in agreement on the interstate battery.
I have one in my S10 that I rescued from a pallet of dead batteries at work. been in my truck for 4 years now.
I also have two more in my g bodys ( One in my 83 El Co, one in my 85 442) that I purchased as "warranty claim refurbs" from the local interstate dealer. I think they were about $45 each

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
If you are not going to read the posts I think you should do you own reserarch on how to properly charge a red top battery or just buy an interstate battery
I read the post on how to recharge the Optima batteries and know how to recharge the Optima batteries but it keeps going dead

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I have a 10 year old red top in my Jeep that had an awful life before I got it. It was in a Tahoe that had a voltage drain and constantly went dead for years. It was charged with a regular charger each time. Then it went into a Firebird that sat a lot but it never went dead. Then it landed in my TA that also sat but I occasionally threw a regular charger on it and it always started the engine. Now it is in my Jeep and has always worked great. So I had no idea about how to properly charge it and it has lasted longer than any average battery would have.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
Yeah I have 3 Optimas in my other vehicles and they have lasted for years and years and years but recently the one I got new that says made in Mexico I had to charge it when I first got it brand new and it will not hold a charge after sitting for a while but all the rest of them they can sit and still crank right up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor