Ppl talking smack about your gbody cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Retro_Future27, take pride in what you know. What they know is that Mommy and Daddy bought them an image; or, what they know is how to make payments. What you know is how to fix things - how to picture an end point in your head and to get there. Most G-bodies were average generic cars on up to Grampa-mobiles. Put a little engine-eering into a Gbody and enjoy the ride. I sued to love the rapidly-shrinking expression on the rice-racers' faces in my rear-view mirror as my multi-colored wagon galloped away on the H1 freeway. Try fitting five guys with divegear (ten air bottles) in a rice rocket. My wagon didn't get me any dates, but I have a lot of great memories of those days.

The 2015 Corvette Z06 is 80K - that's a long way towards a house where your wife and kids can live. Be happy making a G-body go faster.

Reactions: 1 user

confused

n00b
Jan 11, 2015
The only crap talking I got was when it was listed on Craigslist for sale.You want how much?What's your best price?I can't pay that for it.And she still sits under the carport waiting for a few more dollars and a few more parts.

It is a low buck deal for me and will never be a show car.It will be done right and reasonably quick for what it is.When my two boys can hop in the back seat and go for a spin their smiles will be all I need.

LoveandRockets

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 11, 2014
Oswego County, NY
I get a lot of "But why would you do that to a 4-door?" My patent answer is always "Why /not/?" :mrgreen:

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
The only crap talking I run into about my G body are from other G body owners. Mostly GN guys who hate I replaced my n/a Buick V6 with a Chevy V8. They have said right to my face I ruined my Regal LOL. It was a base model Regal, not a turbo model, what do they care? The fact I retained the CCC seems to piss them off even more, just really strange to me. Sadly there are also plenty of jerks in the other G body circles besides the GN crowd. Just glad the classic tractor scene isn't so cliquey like the culture around G bodies. :wtf:

Last edited:

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
Last summer a guy in a parking lot yell over to me "hey what kinda car is that?" In it's day it was the best selling car in America... I'm just glad he didn't ask what an Oldsmobile was... But a lot of people know what it is and many tell me about the Cutlass they, a friend or family member owned.

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
I sometimes get some criticisms especially from family and sometimes strangers that dont get it. . But when its a nice warm day out and I take off the t-tops everyone likes it. It gets stares at the car shows, compliments all the time. The newer generation are amazed at a full sized coupe with t-tops.
Others who were aware of the g-bodies rarely saw one like mine with that 79 pontiac interior, camel tan vinyl buckets with center console and silver faced functional gauges

Reactions: 1 user

gmparts

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
I don't really care what people say, its my car and my money. They also tried to give me lip when I restored my 70 Impala Sport Coupe, didn't work more fuel for the fire baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor