problems with gbodyparts.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunAwayNJ

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2012
Ocean County, NJ
USPS I've noticed updates very slowly. I've been getting emails daily from the number of vendors we use (including Amazon) that the weather has severely affected shipping. To be honest as a seller I have had delays getting packages out. (I'm in NJ and the weather here is horrible) I'd give them a chance, I'm sure they will make it right, just stay in touch with them.

BTW Jeff your car is outstanding - love it!

Jeff in Ferndale WA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 13, 2012
Ferndale NW Washington
hurst1979olds said:
Jeff in Ferndale WA said:
G_Body_Enthusiast said:
If you have a tracking number then contact the shipping company and start complaining to them. If it's a shipping issues that's on the shipping company, not gbodyparts.com.
Tracking only shows that the tracking number was generated. Package has not yet been received by USPS.

Ive noticed in the past the USPS is always delayed with their tracking information. Ive once seen something that was already at my house and saying it was still at a hub somewhere else.

Being stuck at a hub at least shows it was shipped, and becomes the shipper's problem. A tracking number generated and no indication of USPS receiving the package only means that a label was printed and the package probably has not yet shipped.
bweavy indicated to me that they very recently made some personnel changes in the shipping department. Very recently...like this morning.

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
79CMC said:
less than 10 minutes after I made this post,I got an email reply from [email protected] stating that she would check into the issue and get back to me.
Maybe they monitor this forum?

Considering they're a forum sponsdor/vendor, that's probably a good bet. I know another post suggested emailing [email protected]; you could also PM him. We lost about 5 business days due to snow/ice here and I'm about 90 min from gbodyparts HQ. I'm right on the coast so we didn't get it as bad as the rest of the state, but the recent weather might have played a part in your delay.

No shipping that whole week. USPS was only open for a few hours each day. We had packages stacked in there for 4 days & would not scan them. I asked why. They didn't want the packages being shown receieved & sitting at the post office for days. Our fed ex driver showed up in his Toyota Tacoma on Friday. I laughed & said Mike your going to need a bigger truck ;)

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
less than 10 minutes after I made this post,I got an email reply from [email protected] stating that she would check into the issue and get back to me.
Maybe they monitor this forum?
Coincidence. She has way too much more to do then surf the net. I barely get on here any more. I couldn't believe I missed an 84 H/O here in NC for $2k :cry:

Jeff in Ferndale WA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 13, 2012
Ferndale NW Washington
I sent Brian my order confirmation and tracking number last night after I got from home from work about 630 Pacific time,and he responded back right away even though it must have been 930 east coast time.
He said my items are in fact in stock and will get shipped out right away.

Having an online business myself,I know how sometimes orders can get messed up,and it's all about how it's fixed.
I'm confident that Brian has fixed my problem.

Thanks to Brian :)

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
I live 22 miles east of Brian's shop and can tell you the weather has been crazy. It was much worse there than here. I have missed more days at work in the past few weeks than I had in ten years from snow. We don't do snow very well here in eastern NC. Now its 78 today and we are under tornado watches. :wtf:

SSeabee

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 8, 2013
I had the same exact problem on my first order with them recently and worse on the next. Waiting on them to get missing hardware to me that I already paid for and to find out what they intend to do about damaged parts that were just thrown in a box with no paper, wrap or filler of any kind. Anne has been decent with follow-up but said she would send me a shipping label this past Monday so I can send a part back to them, still have not received the label. She did email it to me last week but it would not work because of margin issues with bar code (not her fault). The part I am sending back is what supposedly held up my first order so I had told them to not bother sending it and they did anyway. Anne said she forwarded my email about issues to her boss and I never heard back from anybody. Anne did at least apologize once, it seems like she is at least trying for the most part. I don't know... guess I'll just hope for the best and follow-up with details for you all as this unfolds. Just sucks because I was planning on buying a lot more from them, a LOT more.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Same issues here. Have had parts on order going on 3 weeks now. Only received one item so far and that came direct from the manufacturer as far as I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor