BUILD THREAD Project long time coming

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Bolted in. Moves so smoothly now. Now to finish hooking the brakes up.
20230108_092029.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Brakes and sway bar installed. Just need to hook the brake lines up and start bleeding them out.

20230108_123415.jpg

Reactions: 12 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
So in my typical fashion of, Hey look, a squirrel! I brought home a scale from work and removed one of the intake valves from the rec port heads. 64nailhead had warned me that the non LS3 heads used heavier valves and to make sure I swapped them out for the lighter versions. Wanted to weight them just to ensure I wasn't swapping out a light weight already. You never know with GM. I've seen weirder things happen.

So here's the stock, used intake valve out of the head.

20230109_173408.jpg

And here's the new LS3 intake valve.

20230109_173419.jpg

Definitely weighs less so I'll be switching over to them when the time comes.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I splurged with my xmas bonus and another piece of the puzzle showed up. I really wasn't happy not having anti-submarine holes in the seats. In addition, the Amazon specials were already starting to fade on the top corners.

20230111_170248.jpg

I'll wait to put these in, until I get the rest of this winters work done. Don't want to risk getting them dirty.

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I splurged with my xmas bonus and another piece of the puzzle showed up. I really wasn't happy not having anti-submarine holes in the seats. In addition, the Amazon specials were already starting to fade on the top corners.

View attachment 214203

I'll wait to put these in, until I get the rest of this winters work done. Don't want to risk getting them dirty.
Are these the A4 seats??

Reactions: 1 user

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I've got the RRX on the way. It is hard to pick as they are similar. What pushed you to the A4?

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I've got the RRX on the way. It is hard to pick as they are similar. What pushed you to the A4?
Well, I liked the available fabric style. Keeping with my two tone grey/black theme... they had good reviews for the intended usage. Mainly street, some autox or track events. Plus I'm a skinny guy and the A4 had good reviews for that. I sat on one last night, it's a tight fit, even for me. I only have a 32" waist, wouldn't want to be any bigger. I did add the seat savers, and lumbar, and of course the anti-submarine holes to them. I just like the style of the A4 better too. I think it fits my car better. JMO

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Finally trying to finish up the rearend install by putting the rear brake lines back on and bleeding the system. So I have my old lower controls arms, with poly bushings and the spacers for a rear sway bar. Worked great for me. Hate to throw them away. If anyone wants them they are yours for free. Either pick them up or pay for shipping.

20230114_130038.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Finally trying to finish up the rearend install by putting the rear brake lines back on and bleeding the system. So I have my old lower controls arms, with poly bushings and the spacers for a rear sway bar. Worked great for me. Hate to throw them away. If anyone wants them they are yours for free. Either pick them up or pay for shipping.

View attachment 214272

Spacers? My car has aftermarket arms and an old, crusty swaybar bolted to them. How far should the bar be spaced from the arms?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor