BUILD THREAD Project long time coming

I understand the frustration. I was going to say that you have to check them and adjust as needed by tightening up the ends to take out any play but with only 300 miles? That's insane. I really hope they get it figured out for you. This is the first time I've seen one of them damaged. Maybe do some research on failures. I'm going to investigate as well.
After a quick Google search yesterday, seems like it's a relatively common issue but not usually this quickly... 🤔

Ramey is sending another set of rotojoints and a spanner wrench to adjust them. Should have them Wednesday. I'll see if I can get out there tonight or tomorrow and get the old ones out and maybe tell WTH happened.

Yes the broken one is a UMI. Yes they were pressed in correctly. Fairly certain the set screw is still in place in the broken one and it stripped the threads off the outer part as it backed out... I was so disgusted I had to just walk away from it.
This isn't something I want to see myself. I have four of them out back, one in each of the UMI arms.

Ramey is sending another set of rotojoints and a spanner wrench to adjust them. Should have them Wednesday. I'll see if I can get out there tonight or tomorrow and get the old ones out and maybe tell WTH happened.
Did he say that it is necessary to adjust them prior to install? I've never really checked them prior but they seemed tight or snug.

He said they should be adjusted after being driven and checked periodically, but that they shouldn't really loosen up. Said that the green machine hasn't had any issues with them. Maybe it's just my bad luck :/

Well the replacement rotojoints came in today. I was able to install the new bushings and the new upper arms. I still need to measure my driveline angle and see if I need to adjust it.
20230816_204305.jpg

And here's the left side joint that I just removed tonight. Set screw still in place to retain the screw in nut that holds it together. I have no idea what happened with these. I have not jumped like the Dukes of Hazzard, haven't hit anything, they were installed properly and not hit on the center portion.

20230816_205103.jpg

20230816_205110.jpg

20230816_205130.jpg

That last picture looks like they really got twisted beyond their range of motion.
And I don't even see the adjusters on it ???

Reactions: Streetbu
That last picture looks like they really got twisted beyond their range of motion.
And I don't even see the adjusters on it ???
That was the left side bushing which had popped the adjuster completely out. The set screw is still in place to retain it. I have no idea how this could have happened.

Reactions: Tony1968
The only guess I have is that there is too much articulation at the center of rear. The further in the more movement as opposed to the outside. The nature of triangulated setups. I'm guessing that poly in the ears would not allow this. But it's just a swag. Scientific wild a** guess.

Reactions: Streetbu
I'm sorry I am rambling here. I have rotos only at the front with poly rear. It seems like you have one spacer on outside of each?
Wouldn't it be better to have smaller spacers on each side? Which is what I believe I have at the front end of uppers.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor