BUILD THREAD Project long time coming

One more question for you, is the compression fitting you used on the factory fuel line the same as the Earls fitting ? Or was there another reason you went with the one you have.
Hmm, I'd have to look at which filter. Yes the 90° comes right off the AN adapter on the line, then into the filter. Just AN fittings on both sides of the filter. Think I have all of the part numbers in my build thread if you go back thru.
One more question for you, is the compression fitting you used on the factory fuel line the same as the Earls fitting ? Or was there another reason you went with the one you have.

1662486492077.png

Reactions: 1 user
I tried one of those fittings, but couldn't get it to seal on the factory line... that's why I went with what I did. I think the fitting I bought was only $14. I use them at work all the time, they are good to 5,000 psi which is obviously overkill.

Reactions: 3 users
While searching the part you used I saw that there is also one by SWAGELOK I'm sure that was mentioned earlier in this thread also. Anyway they happen to be local to me so I'm going to see if I can stop in and pick one up, the damn shipping is more than the part.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Swagelok is a PREMIUM brand, but a VERY nice part. If you get one of these style fittings hit me up. There is a technique to tightening them down. Don't over do it or you'll regret it if you ever have to take it apart.

• Agree
Swagelok is a PREMIUM brand, but a VERY nice part. If you get one of these style fittings hit me up. There is a technique to tightening them down. Don't over do it or you'll regret it if you ever have to take it apart.
I will defiantly be reaching out to you for instillation tips, I plan on giving them a call and stopping by later this week if the part is in stock. Did you use AN fittings from the sending unit to the factory line or just hose clamps ? My GN was just clamps so I'm guessing that's sufficient for a ls swap it ran about the same fuel pressure.

Reactions: 2 users
I used fuel injection hose and fuel injection clamps. Wanted to run two more of those same fittings, and make a AN line from the sending unit to factory line but ran out of time and wanted to drive it LOL

Ok so finally got my fitting in, didn’t go with Swagelok because they never sent me an invoice so the parts could be ordered. Wound up using the same one as you, is there any tips or tricks to installing that fitting or is it an straight up ordeal ?

Gotta cut the factory hard line to get the ridge off, debur the line, slide fitting over. Tighten slowly. Stop when you can see a single thread exposed. Loosen the fitting and try to slide it off. If the nut doesn't slide off the tubing, your good to go. Retighten, and simply snug it down. If your overtighten the fitting, you'll never be able to get the fitting off the line, even with the nut all the way off the fitting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Gotta cut the factory hard line to get the ridge off, debur the line, slide fitting over. Tighten slowly. Stop when you can see a single thread exposed. Loosen the fitting and try to slide it off. If the nut doesn't slide off the tubing, your good to go. Retighten, and simply snug it down. If your overtighten the fitting, you'll never be able to get the fitting off the line, even with the nut all the way off the fitting.
Got it. Thanks for the help, got my motor and trans in today was hoping to be further along but parts are coming in slow and work is kicking my *ss ! There is an all Monte Carlo show coming up on the first plans we’re to make it there but I’m way far off by now.

Well I was finally able to spend a little time on the car. Figured I'd mock up the new brakes to make sure everything would fit the way it was supposed to. They say you need a minimum on 18" wheels to run these. They are correct. Holy crap these things are huge 😳 Matter of fact, the wheel won't turn unless I remove the wheel weights it's so close. They definitely fill out the wheel though. There is a drop on the inside edge of the wheel, hopefully they can just be rebalanced with the weights there and zero out. Fingers crossed. New wheels are not in the budget for next year.

Started with the ZQ8 brakes

20221009_115020.jpg

C6 ZO6 six piston calipers and 14" rotors

20221009_122251.jpg

20221009_122029.jpg

20221009_122041.jpg

20221009_122113.jpg

20221009_122235.jpg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor