BUILD THREAD Project long time coming

243/799's fully ported and polished are the way to go for a street car. With the right cam you are looking at 500hp and torque should be close to the same. Who are you sending the heads to?

Reactions: 1 user
243/799's fully ported and polished are the way to go for a street car. With the right cam you are looking at 500hp and torque should be close to the same. Who are you sending the heads to?
I'm not sure yet. So many names in the game. Most have a great reputation too. It gets down to the name, and price. Because really that's what everyone is shipping for. I've looked at them all and pricing is all over the board. Lingenfelter, Katech, Frankenstein, TEA, and Texas Speed. After much deliberation, I think I'll go with either Texas Speed or TEA. Lingenfelter is a close 3rd. Frankenstein is priced way out of the ballpark, Katech doesn't reassemble where as the others all do...

Reactions: 1 users
To help your indecision some, I have 2 sets of rec ports and one rec port intake. One of the sets of heads has 6000 miles on them.

Let me know if you’re interested.

The rec ports definitely make more if you’re going to stay NA or with nitrous, but it has to spin a lot to see any real gains.

Almost forgot, they take different rockers (offset), I have two sets of those as well.

You could try them if you’d like and let me know what you want to pay - I’m never going to use the damn things.

Regarding your smoke, almost undoubtedly needs valve seals. Does it let out a puff on initial startup after it sits overnight?

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
To help your indecision some, I have 2 sets of rec ports and one rec port intake. One of the sets of heads has 6000 miles on them.

The rec ports definitely make more if you’re going to stay NA or with nitrous, but it has to spin a lot to see any real gains.

Almost forgot, they take different rockers (offset), I have two sets of those as well.

You could try them if you’d like and let me know what you want to pay - I’m never going to use the damn things.

Regarding your smoke, almost undoubtedly needs valve seals. Does it let out a puff on initial startup after it sits overnight?
This is the true brotherhood of this forum right here!

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
I'm not sure yet. So many names in the game. Most have a great reputation too. It gets down to the name, and price. Because really that's what everyone is shipping for. I've looked at them all and pricing is all over the board. Lingenfelter, Katech, Frankenstein, TEA, and Texas Speed. After much deliberation, I think I'll go with either Texas Speed or TEA. Lingenfelter is a close 3rd. Frankenstein is priced way out of the ballpark, Katech doesn't reassemble where as the others all do...
I had TEA do mine. No particular reason really as most of them have great programs on GM heads because initially that's all they had to work with until aftermarket came out with alternatives. I did speak with the a manager there a few times. If I remember correctly he called me with updates etc. Basically the added cost of removal of several exhaust bolts that had broken plus talking about any other upgrades i might want. Very helpful. Just my 2 cents. Seems like a very well run company.

Reactions: 2 users

Yes I believe so. And I'll send you a message 😉

Reactions: 3 users

Pretty awesome offer :cool: (y)

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
New intake just arrived 😎

20221210_100348.jpg

20221210_100420.jpg

20221210_100451.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Reactions: 1 user
Dorman LS3?
Nope, factory GM. Started looking for a used one, couldn't believe how much people are asking/getting when you can buy a brand new GM one for less money.

Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor