BUILD THREAD Project long time coming

Got the old girl cleaned up as best I could for the Syracuse Nationals which start tomorrow... if you see me or the car stop & say hi!

20220714_194300.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Yes it is, but I feel like I should be doing more to it. Things are not always as they seem on the the Ole internet. She's not as perfect as everyone thinks. I've got a rust bubble showing thru on the outside of the passenger side door, more squeaks and groans than a 90 year old man, and it seems as though it'll never be done. But frankly I'm tired of working on it for the moment so I'll just deal with them until I get some more motivation.
I think this coming winter instead of upgrading things, instead I'll iron out some of these smaller issues that are minor annoyances. It'll make it much more enjoyable to drive and use. We'll see how this plan works out. 🤣
Just don't take it all apart. Small projects is the way.

Reactions: 4 users
Made it to the show this morning.

20220715_071645.jpg

Buddy and I followed each other in. Well, he followed me. Tried passing me and I couldn't let that happen. 🤣

Screenshot_20220715-070408_Speedometer.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users
Wow. So theoretically if you had the horsepower and aerodynamics weren't of a brick, at 6k you would be at 234mph. Lol 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Every Friday of Labor Day weekend we have a party at work. Everyone brings their classic cars in. Set a new personal best on my way in this morning at 6am getting on the highway.

Screenshot_20220902-063838_Speedometer.jpg

20220902_071715.jpg

20220902_071729.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Fuel line is finished. Bought a fitting that uses a compression sleeve of sorts to go on the stainless steel frame mounted lines, and converts to AN. Then a sweep, filter, braided hose, back to a sweep, and onto the fuel rail.

View attachment 177017

View attachment 177018

View attachment 177019

View attachment 177020

View attachment 177021
What fuel filter did you go with and is the 90 coming right off the filter or is there a short piece of hose ? I plan on ordering that same holley pump and using the factory feel line also.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmm, I'd have to look at which filter. Yes the 90° comes right off the AN adapter on the line, then into the filter. Just AN fittings on both sides of the filter. Think I have all of the part numbers in my build thread if you go back thru.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor