BUILD THREAD Project long time coming

Nice long torque building runners. What throttle body are you going to use?

Reactions: 1 users
Nice long torque building runners. What throttle body are you going to use?
Well, I currently have a Chinese 92mm... probably run that for now, I'm not sure if I'd really need to jump up to a 102mm

Anything over the size of the intake opening is not useful. Smaller may be restrictive. Jmo

Reactions: 1 user
A giant throttle body gives off a ton of noise from the IAC on cold startup. A turbo setup hides the noise, but NA it is an awful whistling sound. 92 mm is plenty imo. The 76mm stocker is restrictive.

I swapped out my China 92 last winter (that leaked boost at every possible location) for a Warr Performance unit - absolutely no leaks at all. The Warr is somewhat budget friendly - more than a China and much less than a Holley.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users
A giant throttle body gives off a ton of noise from the IAC on cold startup. A turbo setup hides the noise, but NA it is an awful whistling sound. 92 mm is plenty imo. The 76mm stocker is restrictive.

I swapped out my China 92 last winter (that leaked boost at every possible location) for a Warr Performance unit - absolutely no leaks at all. The Warr is somewhat budget friendly - more than a China and much less than a Holley.
I have that noise on cold start up that goes away as soon as I touch the throttle. I'm going to try a little port job to smooth out the entrance. Do you have an opinion on doing this???

Porting and smoothing the passage is supposed to help, but still not get rid of it completely. I've heard good things about the FITech throttlebody and no noise from it like this.

Reactions: 2 users

I had nothing but problems from my Warr unit which is a China unit too, they just engrave their name on it and install loctite on the blade screw. Went back to stock truck and have zero issues.

Reactions: 2 users
I had nothing but problems from my Warr unit which is a China unit too, they just engrave their name on it and install loctite on the blade screw. Went back to stock truck and have zero issues.
I bought a FITech unit & it looked great. Unfortunately it was damaged during shipping so I sent it back & didn't order another for some reason.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought you did some porting originally and the sound mostly went away?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor