BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Wish you all the best on the thrash this weekend, Donovan, I have no doubt the 80’ is going to look fantastic! If you were closer i’d gladly volunteer to photo document the saga and lend a hand if needed. Good luck!

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I’m definitely not skeered, but to be honest I am a little bit nervous. There’s a lot of pressure and eyes on this one, nevermind the countless hours of work that’s gone into it.
I’m just gonna do what I do, concentrate on the task at hand and try and do the best job I possibly can. Fate will decide the rest.
Damn kids. You bring it on yourself you attention w'hors. Sometimes you "paint" yourself into a corner by becoming an internet sensation with many followers waiting to see what you do next. And then complain when you can't handle all the attention. :)

J/K

If I don't die first, when I get to my own build, I am learning on how to really approach the general "build threads"... I think when I do mine, I'm not going to do "real time" updates. I think taking pictures along the way, and quietly complete the project without any "eyes or pressure". THEN post up on the build.

Don't get me wrong, I totally enjoy everyone's real-time build and how-to threads. I learn a lot of tips and tricks. It's just that I'm not sure I could stop in the middle of things to take updated pictures, post them up and then get back to work on the project knowing that I started something. Sometimes it helps to have that motivation behind you, but there's also the pressure of doing it right that will be there as well, and failure is not an option. It's supposed to be fun, not like a job where the boss is watching.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well the big day is finally here!

I finished up the last of the preliminary masking today after picking up the trailer at work this morning. After NorthernRegal got into town and we caught up a bit, we got the car loaded on the trailer and cinched down. It’s officially ready to go first thing in the AM. My buddy Mike will be meeting us at the shop to lend a hand over the weekend as well.

B0F5CB69-32DB-475A-BF9A-42F21062A7C3.jpeg

ABE96CC6-A654-4CDA-A582-B299BCDC54DD.jpeg

That metallic in the sun is gonna look goooooood!!!

69B42D6B-0337-464D-80DB-D282421DAFFA.jpeg

2F649FB1-AAFD-42FF-A61A-83CB22B13646.jpeg

12573D8F-6166-48B5-BC68-6B628CE7E209.jpeg

52A4E2D7-0A92-440F-81BE-E6A5AD9BA1C7.jpeg

For better or worse, good or bad, hell or high water, this thing will look drastically different in its new livery the next time y’all see it.

Until then,

D.

• Winner
Reactions: 27 users

Tom Lambert

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 25, 2018
Question for you. Will you be sanding the sealer after it is sprayed? I've have very little experience using sealer, or body work for that matter, but it's based off the high build primer. I wouldn't think it would be as smooth as the vehicles current state.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Best of luck, D.
The big moment we've all been waiting for. We all send our thoughts and good wishes to you, my friend.
It's going to look outrageous. :cool:(y)

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor