BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Sounds like a great couple of trips, Donovan, glad you’re getting some good seat time and fun in OC! Thanks for all the photos too, some real beauties out there!

Now back out in the garage to button up the exhaust and start up my car today. I need to top off all the fluids and back it onto the lift tables for access to the RR Qtr.

Reactions: 5 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
VERY COOL OUTING! Although it's sad to hear about the hail storm. :cry:

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Sad to see such nice cars damaged. Donovan, it looks like you got a 12SI alternator to replace what would have been a factory 10SI. The 10SI don't last above about 80 amps, due to less cooling. The back is also open more on your new alternator. It is a good upgrade, if built right. My last Wilson reman 94 amp never charged like it should.

Reactions: 1 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
We saw photos of the hail stones that had fell. No doubt anyone caught in that was in for a bad time. Had a blast cruising last weekend with you. Hopefully we can do it again next year maybe Northernregal will have to come down too.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Having a pretty good month as far as exposures on the cars go.
Winning this month’s GBOTM for best engine, visits from motorheadmike and Cauterize last week, and now today I came home to find this on my feed:
Looks like Olds Cool has gone global with an E-zine article.

The details are a little thin, but understandable given that he probably only has so much space and number of characters he could use to tell the story. Still, I’m flattered and grateful for the exposure and that the car is unique enough to stand out and make people take notice enough to want to write a story on it.

Thanks Jerry Sutherland for the article!

• Winner
Reactions: 24 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Well-deserved recognition, for sure.

If John Wick approves, you know you've made it.
clap-applause.gif

• Haha
  • Clever
Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor