BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The before and after pics really show how much it does for the cars lines.

Your threads are fantastic for tips and tricks to have a sharp looking ride. Keep doing what you do, so us non body guys can pick up a few tricks!

Thank ya sir! Much appreciated, I’m glad you’re enjoying the thread.
I agree, I feel it helps greatly when the physical parts actually fit and look like what the designer had intended!
Like so many of the Big Three’s offerings in the 80’s, they may have had a good idea but often times failed in the quality and execution. These silly quarter extensions are a prime example of that.

When I get around to working on the back half of The Juggernaut, I will be eliminating the separate plastic extensions altogether and fabricating and welding in my own permanent ones. That should have a great effect on the overall appearance.

Looking great Donovan!

Thank you Jim!
Haven’t seen any progress reports on the wagon lately... have you been up to anything on it?

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey guys.

Well it’s been nearly a month since the last update I’ve done on here. In that time I’ve been busting my *ss and burning the midnight oil on the car. If I had to estimate, I’ve probably logged close to 100 hours in filling and block sanding on the car, all on the driver’s side, and most of it on the sail panel and quarter panel.

Nothing worthy of posting pics of yet, as no one wants to see ugly *ss pics of filler, but suffice to say I’m getting very close to reaching a fairly important milestone on the car. Of the entire roof, B pillars, sail panels, quarter panels etc, it’s all finished out in 120 grit. I still have a couple of little detail areas left to address, then very soon it will be time to seam seal up several key spots.

I’m not going to say what the milestone will be, but if you’ve been following along and are at all familiar with bodywork you can probably guess what it will be. I would like to be able to do this when I’ve got sufficient time (as in not during an evening) as it’s gonna be a bit time consuming, so I’m shooting for next weekend. This should give me the time I need to finish up the last couple details and “git r done”.

Look for the update on that in roughly a week or so from now.

Thanks for checking back.

D.

• Winner
Reactions: 10 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Thanks for the update buddy. I've been wondering about you.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reactions: 1 user

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
When your done with your car can i send you mine? Your gonna get bored lol

Your work is amazing..

• Agree

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
glad to see that you're still at it D!

I've seen you stop by, but hadn't seen any updates, and was worried that you needed a break from it! as always, looking forward to seeing what kind of witchcraft you brewed up on it next!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
When your done with your car can i send you mine? Your gonna get bored lol

Your work is amazing..

Lol
I doubt I’ll ever be bored. I just can’t seem to ever leave things well enough alone! Once I get this one to the point where I’m happy with it (they’re never truly “done”), I still have the poor ‘ol Juggernaut to get back to.
I’ve been jonesing to get back on that one to the point where I’ve actually been dreaming about it...

It looks like you don’t need any of my help anyways, I’ve been following your progress and your car is looking amazing!

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Lol
I doubt I’ll ever be bored. I just can’t seem to ever leave things well enough alone! Once I get this one to the point where I’m happy with it (they’re never truly “done”), I still have the poor ‘ol Juggernaut to get back to.
I’ve been jonesing to get back on that one to the point where I’ve actually been dreaming about it...

It looks like you don’t need any of my help anyways, I’ve been following your progress and your car is looking amazing!
Thanks! Long way to go but your builds are motivating me more and more.. so much that's its also motivating my funds to go down lol.. seriously though I've learned ALOT from just following your work.

• Agree

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
glad to see that you're still at it D!

I've seen you stop by, but hadn't seen any updates, and was worried that you needed a break from it! as always, looking forward to seeing what kind of witchcraft you brewed up on it next!

Yep, I’m still at it Darin.
Moreso now than ever it seems! We’re into February here already, and my goal of having it ready in time for spring is in serious jeopardy. So I’ve been going at it hardcore to try my best to get as far as I can before then.

I still haunt the forum daily to see what everyone’s up to, but unfortunately rarely have time to comment or contribute due to work and other obligations.

As far as the “witchcraft” is concerned, nothing of that sort upcoming, more just standard bodywork and repair procedures to try and get this thing ready for paint.

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thanks! Long way to go but your builds are motivating me more and more.. so much that's its also motivating my funds to go down lol.. seriously though I've learned ALOT from just following your work.

Thanks man. I’m truly humbled.
:)

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor