Project Wrong Way Regal Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeth hale

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2016
clare, Michigan
OK so it's been a while I've been doing lots of side work to try to stay ahead for the holidays I finally freed up some money and was able to go on a parts run. I went and go the corvette front clip that I wanted for a while now and ended up seeing quiet a few awesome things in the process. I posted another thread in the general post area for that so I won't clutter the thread anymore. I have stripped most of the interior out of the regal and it's been playing hot potato between in the garage and outside. But my plans are after the holidays I'll tear the front clip off the regal and start figuring out how to mount the corvette suspension under it
2505.jpeg
2507.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Very interesting, I'll be keeping an eye on your thread for sure

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
On my first cutlass I had wanted to swap in a full c4 suspension

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress installing the Corvette front suspension, steering, and brakes.

zeth hale

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2016
clare, Michigan
On my first cutlass I had wanted to swap in a full c4 suspension

I'm not real interested in the IRS because of the c4 era the diff and shafts are pretty weak and I hate doing u joints lol. So I'll be keeping it solid axle but swapping to a 9" rear. For the front I'm certain I will probably ditch the transverse leaf as I don't think it'll work good in a heavier car such as a regal. We will see tho I'm sure it'll be a bit of work to setup ride height correctly and figure clearence out so I still have good angle with wide fronts.
I went with a newer model c4 and they actually changed Trac width by 1 inch on the newer ones. But the reason I went with the newer one is because this one had abs sensors which I can use for information to the gold box Incase I ever want to run traction control. All in all the older model is almost the same Trac width as a regal( within 1/4 inch) so I'm 1.25 over Trac width. I could have swapped spindles out but I figure this will be the lesser of 2 evils for what I need

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor