Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
james@pst said:
Longroof79 said:
James,
I noticed the Evinrude outboard motor mailbox...pretty clever. :lol: Is that the front of your house?

Yup that would be my mailbox 1959 Evinrude 35hp. My other hobby is antique outboards and boats.

Thanks
Really?? I've always had a thing for old wooden boats and vintage outboards. What kind of boats and motors do you have?
I don't mean to hijack your thread. I like old race boats( runabouts and hydros). I recently saw an old cracker box boat( from NJ) on a trailer in the parking lot where we shop. I guess they were headed down to the Tavares Antique boat show. Pretty cool event. I'd love to find an old Aristocraft like I had when I was a kid.

Your Malibu is in fabulous condition. Gotta love those time capsule survivors.

daveybtv

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2011
Buffalo NY
james@pst said:
daveybtv said:
Looks good, I would go another .5 in in front and 1 in rear, but I like em low my self!

Yeah I may have too, my only issue is getting it in the garage and on the lift if I lower it to much.

I had a 72 monte that I had to drive up on 2x4s to get the jack under it, alittle extra effort is worth looking cool! I realy like the coil overs thinking about getting a pair!

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Longroof79 said:
james@pst said:
Longroof79 said:
James,
I noticed the Evinrude outboard motor mailbox...pretty clever. :lol: Is that the front of your house?

Yup that would be my mailbox 1959 Evinrude 35hp. My other hobby is antique outboards and boats.

Thanks
Really?? I've always had a thing for old wooden boats and vintage outboards. What kind of boats and motors do you have?
I don't mean to hijack your thread. I like old race boats( runabouts and hydros). I recently saw an old cracker box boat( from NJ) on a trailer in the parking lot where we shop. I guess they were headed down to the Tavares Antique boat show. Pretty cool event. I'd love to find an old Aristocraft like I had when I was a kid.

Your Malibu is in fabulous condition. Gotta love those time capsule survivors.

Longroof79 you mean like an Aristo Craft like this ?????? I did this one for a family friend. I restore mainly outboards from the 1920's-1950's

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for sharing the pics, James!
Yep, that was like my old boat, an Aristocraft Torpedo 14 1956 vintage. Ya gotta love the barrel back on these boats...very stylish.
Mine had a '61 Merc 500 (50hp). I wish I had pictures of it, but being a kid at the time, I spent more time cruising in it.. :lol:
My brother and I were more Mercury guys. I did have a '57 35 Evinrude on it until a connecting rod bailed out the side for air.

That one in the picture looks like an early vintage. The son of the original builder continues the legacy.

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Look what we have here???? PST wants to give the guys a big shout out at SSBC Performance Brakes for coming on board with our Malibu project.

SSBC has hooked us up with there SPORT TWIN QUICK CHANGE ALUMINUM CALIPER.

2 Piston Hi-Performance D154 Replacement Caliper

Direct bolt-on replacement to O.E. single piston caliper.

Caliper Kit Includes:
(1) SportTwin 38 mm calipers

Banjo Bolts and copper washers

All Necessary Hardware
SSBC Performance Brake Systems gives you Bolt on Performance you cant beat! Our quick change caliper kits are designed to replace your O.E. calipers, fit over your factory rotors, use your factory hoses and fit in most factory wheels! Designed with maximum clamping force and even pressure distribution across the brake pad, you wont believe the difference in braking! SSBC Caliper Kits offer the ultimate braking performance in a compact design. Made from billet aluminum, the kits are coated with a clear anodize for maximum corrosion resistance both internally and externally. Our easy bolt on systems includes grade 8 hardware, installation components, performance brake pads and are made in the USA. Caliper Kits will fit most popular wheels*. Replacement pads are available off the shelf at your local parts store. Try SSBC slotted and plated Big Bite cross drilled rotors for the perfect match. Most kits are available with optional red and black powder coat and polishing.

With all the work that has been done to make this car handle as good as it looks. SSBC has step up and given us the stopping power to complete this build

A must have for any muscle car, pro-touring or not. SSBC's Big Bite Rotors!!!!!!
Precision Drilled holes vent super heated gases, eliminating brake fade.

Precision Turbo slotting maintains a clean pad surface giving you maximum grip and quiet braking.
Quality controlled to ensure every rotor meets and exceeds OE standards

Improved braking in wet weather driving
Cooler operating temperatures ensure maximum friction between the pad and rotor for maximum stopping power.

Upgrade the performance and look of your braking system with our Big Bite cross drilled and slotted rotors. The Precision drilled holes vent super heated gases eliminating brake fade while the Turbo slots maintain a clean pad surface for maximum grip!

Reactions: 1 user

AndrewMrChevy

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2011
Lima, Ohio
Wow, killer and beautiful Malibu! Love it has bucket seats in it, very cool!

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Thanks Andrew!!! I have been rather busy that last few months so I have not been able to do many improvements, but I hope to start on a rear-end rebuild/swap and brake upgrade front and rear.

Thanks
James

Rok_OEM

Apprentice
Mar 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
Any more progress on this? Also what springs did you go with to match the vi-kings?

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
I have made some head way but as we all know life gets in the way. I pulled the rear apart (7.5) that I picked from a buddy of mine for $75 that was suppose to be a 373 posi out of a Monte. But like usual it was not. The rear had a brand new posi unit with 410 so I will use the posi unit and switch out gears. The mean time I will convert it disc brakes. As for the springs in the rear of my malibu. I am still running the factory springs for now. I may be doing a rear coil over in the future as Vi-king just release the kit for A&G Bodies.

Thanks
James

Rok_OEM

Apprentice
Mar 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
The car looks great! I was unaware that they were releasing a rear coilover. I just may have to pick some up. will they be adjustable like the fronts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor