PST The Malibu Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Right now it has a th350 with a shift kit and a few extra upgrades, but down the road I would like to put in something with overdrive like a 200R4.

Thanks
James

Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
The engine bay looks good. Looking forward to seeing the 383 in there. What size wheels and tires did you end up going with? Did the get the rear axle rebuild done with the disc brakes, and the coilover conversion done on the rear? Maybe its just the perspective in the photos, but the car still looks a bit high, in relationship to the wheels and tires that you have on it.

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
I do not remember the wheel and tire combo off the top of my head. I will check tonight when I head back to my shop. The replacement rear I have not touched yet. I disassembled it to check out everything. The previous owner had put a new posi unit and gears in it but I will switching out the gears set as I do not want to run 4:10's. In the rear I still have the rear coil springs ( PST Lowering Springs) and Viking's smooth body shocks.

Over the weekend the new torque converter came in. So there was no better time to get the engine installed. It went in relatively easy but I do have some clearance issues to address. One being the passenger sides valve cover. I am running tall valve cover for the roller rockers and it is hitting the heater box. So the plan is to notch the corner of the valve cover. Second is the driver side header in relation to the shifter linkages and few lines. All in all no to bad. The plan tonight is to head back to my shop and continue on with the carb and cables. Then on to the ignition system.

Thanks
James From.
KIMG1959.jpg
KIMG1960.jpg
KIMG1961.jpg
KIMG1962.jpg
KIMG1964.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Still picking away at this swap. Hoping to have it to the point that I can fire it off this weekend. One minor set back was the tall valve covers. The passengers side was hitting the heater box. So that required notching the aluminum valve covers. Then from there is was all the little stuff like changing out the kick down cable for a longer one and changing wires and vacuum lines.

KIMG2015.jpg
KIMG2016.jpg
KIMG2018.jpg
KIMG2019.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Getting a little closer on putting this engine swap to bed. Finally found sometime to get the car rolled on to the lift to start the exhaust. The exhaust I will be making from stainless steel 2.5" mandrel bends. Hoping to finish off the exhaust this weekend and get the carb and timing dialed in.

James

KIMG2139.jpg
KIMG2140.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looks great James, good job on the valve cover modification.

• Agree

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
I am not sure but do you think the muffler may be a bit low??
Just saying

Isn't that the way they are supposed to be mounted?????? LOL. Didn't notice that in the picture till you mention it. I have been going back and forth on what mufflers to use so that was just hanging around. Trying to get all the exhaust tucked tight. I do no like the look of low hanging exhaust.

James

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Looks great James, good job on the valve cover modification.

Thank you! It was more so done out of being the cheap, quick fix. and have the material and tools to do it at my shop. Plus I liked the look of the valve covers and once the valve cover was installed you would never even notice the modification and that was what I was going for.

Thanks
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor