PST The Malibu Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Yes the rear kit will be up on our site early next week and the kit will include double adjustable Vi-Kings

Thanks
James

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
I didn't realize that it had been this long since I posted any progress. I guess I can attribute it to a long cold winter and a baby on the way. I did do a brake upgrade over the weekend though. I put a set of SSBC drilled and slotted rotors and twin piston calipers. I will say the car does stop on a dime compared to OEM. Next on the agenda will most likely be rims. I am thinking about the AR Torque Thrust II, so will see. I also picked up a 350 4 bolt this past week and I plan on building a healthier engine that looks bone stock but that will be a long term project.

Thanks
James

Reactions: 1 user

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Finally getting back to some upgrades on the Malibu. New rims and tires to start with the cowl hood and chin spoiler on the way.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings James & all; Thanks for the conversation yesterday. Sorry I was gone when you called back. I'll catch up to you soon or when you get a breather feel free to call me as I really am home most of the time. If you call me I won't be interrupting you at a busy time. I have a couple of ideas (air box, intake & others) you might like. And your plan is similar to what I've done in regards to bolt on. I have 96% of the OE stuff (many boxes filling my garage) that came off my car. I know I'm Nuts, Bob Jr.

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Well it has been a while since the last up date. The summer was crazy and the Malibu saw very little attention or road time but I did manage to get the new hood painted and installed. I will say the color match is very good for 37 year old paint.

But now on to the next leg of the project AKA winter project. This winter it will be getting a new engine. Nice 383 sbc 400+hp.

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Good looks great on there with that color scheme.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Any updates on the Malibu? Did you get the rear axle fixed up, or the rear disc brake conversion done? What size of wheels & tires did you install on the car?

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
I can't believe that it has been this long since my last post, So after nearly 2 years I'm putting the new engine in.Over the past few years we have concentrated on the suspension handling aspect of car like improved tubular upper and lower control arms as well a Viking Performance, Inc. coil over conversion. This winter the original well worn 267 CI V8 will be remove and a new 383CI V8 will take its place with triple the horse power. The new engine will not be the typical chevy orange. I opted for the GM corporate blue like what would have been original in 79 (something different). While the engine is out the frame has been clean,painted and new PST Polygraphite motor mounts have been installed to firmly hold the new power plant. I hope to the engine in place tomorrow.
KIMG1862.jpg
KIMG1864.jpg
KIMG1865.jpg
KIMG1866.jpg
KIMG1867.jpg
KIMG1868.jpg
KIMG1871.jpg
KIMG1906.jpg
KIMG1909.jpg
KIMG1910.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice to see you making progress, James.
What trans are you going to be using behind the 383?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor