quick what should it run question

Status
Not open for further replies.

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
looks like everything is getting updated lol. bought some parts off summit last night. the combo is now going to look like this

95 model 350
stock vortecs (can someone ballpark this compression, maby someone has checked a similar setup before?
RPM intake
750 vac holley
.480/292 109lsa
1 5/8 lt's
2.5 duals w/ flow 40's dumped
th350
2500 stall

removed air/heat box/ non essential wiring/wiper motor ect. ect.

any guesses. hoping for atleast some 13's, but will probably make a few passes at thelocal 1/8th before i venture to the 1/4. anyone wanna throw out a guess. working on it this weekend. getting excited lol.

Carsten

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2009
DORTMUND , Germany
Try and see

Have the same probs... Car has 350 from a 70 or 71 Vette with camelhump heads , Weiand open plenum intake (2500rpm to 6500 or 7 i think), 750 vac Holley , some cam ??? , 1,52 to 1 roller rockers and 2,5 duals with Hooker headers and 2 mufflers...
Tried 600 cfm Holley first... Does not have power above 5200 rpm but starts fast.. Now i have the 750 cfm on . Goes like hell up to 6500 but starts from the line like a stock 305 ... I feel it this way :cry: .. Stall is 2000 and rear stock 2.2?? transmission a th350 with kit.
So it will need a little tuning....
Maybe try it on the street , i do it that way to see how it goes...

Carsten

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2009
DORTMUND , Germany
pontiacgp said:
what power valve were you running in the holley...on a performance engine you usually have a lower manifold vacuum so the power valve you have may not be in the right range and not opening ..the power valve selected should be 1/2 the intake manifold vacuum reading taken.

Hmmm.... i
I do not know , i put in the one that came with the rebuilt kit from Holley .... Still have to measure the vacuum... Should it be read under full throttle ?

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
picked up some '906's today. not quite as good as 062's but alot better than i had! spent the afternoon cleaning them, just need to clean up the ports and the bowls, get some valve seals, all my gaskets and fluids and i'll be ready to get this sh*t done :twisted:

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
pontiacgp said:
360demonRT said:
picked up some '906's today. not quite as good as 062's but alot better than i had! spent the afternoon cleaning them, just need to clean up the ports and the bowls, get some valve seals, all my gaskets and fluids and i'll be ready to get this sh*t done :twisted:

906 and 062 have exactly the same flow and there no difference between the two except for the valve seats on the 906 are hardened

"The '062 or the '906 cast iron Chevrolet Vortec heads are standard on the part # 88958602 350/350 Crate Engine"

Wouldn't they all have to have hardened seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor