Rear End Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonicaTheMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 24, 2019
Cape Breton, Nova Scotia Canada
what kind of tools do you have access to and what transmission are you going to be using. I don't know what you have done with you car up to now but you want to make sure the frame, body mounts, suspension bushings, ball joints, control arm and their connection points on the frame are in good shape.
im currently running the original 200r until I can afford a 700r or I get a 700r for my Chevelle and swap the th350 into my monte I have access to every tool needed ive already done an off frame restoration on my Chevelle and everything is in great shape but I am debating boxing in my frame because of the higher tourqe the motor is putting out im scared im going to twist it also motor is not currently in the car

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
im currently running the original 200r until I can afford a 700r or I get a 700r for my Chevelle and swap the th350 into my monte I have access to every tool needed ive already done an off frame restoration on my Chevelle and everything is in great shape but I am debating boxing in my frame because of the higher tourqe the motor is putting out im scared im going to twist it also motor is not currently in the car

this might convince you to box it and repair the factory welds, you'll find bad welds and voids

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor