regal w/grand prix front end

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
And, BTW to whoever started the whole Donk thing... Apperently you don't know half as much about cars as you think you do. Anyone who wants to present a credible arguement better start off by knowing his head from his @ss.

A Donk is a 71-76 chevy Impala or Caprice. That sits on 22 to 26 inch rims the higher the better. Donks are mostly found Down South.

There is the definition of a Donk as told by an 80 year old man who is restoreing a model T right now, a stock model T. lol Now this guy knows what he's talking about. Whats wrong with every one else? Why do we always insist on argueing when we don't even know what were talking about? I suppose ya all think a Bubble is a VW Bettle huh? And just to make it clear, I myself appreciate the work that goes into some of these cars with big wheels. Not all of them, yes some are redicious looking but some are pretty damn nice too. Now can we get back to the origianl thread here? Regal with a GP front right? lol I say do it and post many pic's! Or will that start a 4 page piss fest too?

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
The guy with the (Donk by any other name still looks the same) Regal, opinionated that the GP front end was ugly, seemed to think that was ok, but when his taste was called ugly he railed about it and drug out the troops. How is one different from the other? If he feels he should opinionate on the question of someone else's taste, how the hell does that not open him to the same criticism of opinion? I'm a bit confused by that. :wink:

Now, all this hullabaloo over terminology, whether it's a donk, bubble, box or whatever ghetto term we prefer, here is what one professional builder says...

The 1971-76 Chevrolet Impala is the traditional donk car, and gets its name from the Impala emblem on the grille (which enthusiasts refer to as "the donkey"). The term "donk" also encompasses later Impalas, including the squared-off ones built in the late 1970s and 80s (referred to as "boxes") and the Aero-styled ones built in the 1990s (referred to as "bubbles"). However, there's nothing written in stone that says it has to be an Impala; it can also be a Chevrolet Caprice, Buick Regal, Olds Cutlass, Ford Crown Vic, Lincoln, LTD, Plymouth Fury, Chrysler New Yorker or any other full or mid-sized American car.

Reminds me of the muscle car vs musclecar debate, as in musclecars, a donk by any other name is still just as ridiculous! :lol: :lol:

Just kidding! Each to his own, just don't be preaching it if you can't stand the response from the congregation! Hallelujah! :mrgreen:

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Qdub24 said:
This is just for you, Randy W

Qdub24 said:
I'm tired of explaining and arguing with people over the definition of the word "donk". So here are pics of exactly what the word stands for:

1971 2dr Caprice
chevrolet-impala-1971-1.jpg

1971 4dr Caprice
chevrolet-impala-1971-2.jpg

1971 convertible Impala (aka "Vert")
1971-chevrolet-impala-pic-932.jpeg

1972 2dr Impala
1972_impala.jpg

1972 2dr Caprice
72caprice.jpg

1973 2dr Caprice
180.jpg

1973 2dr Impala
1973_Impala.jpg

1974 2dr Caprice
1974caprice.jpg

1974 Impala convertible (aka "Vert")
haysimpala.jpg

1975 2dr Caprice
53218336_pr.jpg

1975 2dr Impala
1975-chevrolet-impala-pic-42658.jpeg

1976 2dr Caprice
1976capriceclassic.jpg

1976 2dr Impala
1976-chevrolet-impala-smile.jpg

1976-chevrolet-impala-i-like-big-butts.jpg

All of the above are Donks, 1971-1976 Chevrolet Caprices & Impalas ONLY. You may have noticed that none of them are on big wheels. That's because the wheels have nothing to do with the term "donk"; it's a nickname for those specific vehicles. Now that I have given this class, hopefully you will take this knowledge that I've dropped on you today and share it w/those who can't read.

images

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
well professor QDub, it seems like the Urban dictionary and most of the population disagree with you..

1. donk 1790 up, 590 down

A very round, attractive ghetto syle booty

2. donk 1068 up, 491 down
Any POS late 80's or early 90's American heap (preferably an Impala) that has large enough wheels installed until it resembles (and rides and handles like) a Conestoga wagon. This is done so it sits up high enough so as to be at the same eye level as the Playas with real juice ridin in their Escalades. Adding in a bad candy paint job and Wal-Mart sub box completes the transformation.
With no money left over for necessary suspension and brake upgrades, the lifespan is limited to a few drug runs or the first Police chase, whichever occurs first.
That donk is fly and ridin high.
donk playa pos sub wagon

3. DONK 714 up, 368 down

When a girl got a big butt on her
"Yo that shawty over there gotta donk on her"
donk donkey big butt *ss on her booty
by MISS TO YOU Jan 20, 2008 share this

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
pontiacgp said:
well professor QDub, it seems like the Urban dictionary and most of the population disagree with you..

1. donk 1790 up, 590 down

A very round, attractive ghetto syle booty

2. donk 1068 up, 491 down
Any POS late 80's or early 90's American heap (preferably an Impala) that has large enough wheels installed until it resembles (and rides and handles like) a Conestoga wagon. This is done so it sits up high enough so as to be at the same eye level as the Playas with real juice ridin in their Escalades. Adding in a bad candy paint job and Wal-Mart sub box completes the transformation.
With no money left over for necessary suspension and brake upgrades, the lifespan is limited to a few drug runs or the first Police chase, whichever occurs first.
That donk is fly and ridin high.
donk playa pos sub wagon

3. DONK 714 up, 368 down

When a girl got a big butt on her
"Yo that shawty over there gotta donk on her"
donk donkey big butt *ss on her booty
by MISS TO YOU Jan 20, 2008 share this

I don't want to get into this little debate, but that really sounded racist. :shock:

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I think this thread needs to get locked. It's gotten off topic and it's just stirring the pot now. We've had the donk debate before and nothing positive came out of it.

montecarlo-ts

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2010
you all look pathetic bickering over rim size and the meaning of donk. i signed up on the board a year ago and you all were doing the same stuff, so i quit coming here till a week ago. the guy likes big rims, so what. i like big rims, but i like my car sitting on the ground. who really cares what any of you think about his car. he built it for himself, not to please your eyes. as for the original poster id like to see it done. if you attempt it take pics to show how you went about each step.

montecarlo-ts

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2010
you all look pathetic bickering over rim size and the meaning of donk. i signed up on the board a year ago and you all were doing the same stuff, so i quit coming here till a week ago. the guy likes big rims, so what. i like big rims, but i like my car sitting on the ground. who really cares what any of you think about his car. he built it for himself, not to please your eyes. as for the original poster id like to see it done. if you attempt it take pics to show how you went about each step.

rIbBaD

Greasemonkey
Apr 10, 2010
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
This thread is just getting redonkulously out of hand!

On topic.. I think Regal front ends are far nicer than the GP front ends and feel you shouldn't make this front in swap, however it's up to you.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
montecarlo-ts said:
how can you call someone pathetic when you stop coming here for a year cuz people were arguing about donks? :wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor