Removing Door Chime/Buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
The door chime in my 1999 Suburban is the most God-awful, ear-piercing, seemingly endless noise I've ever heard. You know, that buzzer that lets you know the keys are still in the ignition, or your lights are on while the driver's door is open. Well I found the buzzer on the fuse block and it just pulls out. There are maybe 6 or 7 pins that fit into the block. I have no issues with removing it, but are there any inherent dangers of removing this buzzer? I can't think of any other than locking the keys in the car but half of my locks don't work anyways. I can't think of any potential for damage to the vehicle either, except maybe getting water in the fuse block where the buzzer was, but some dielectric grease would prevent that.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Not that I am away of. A quick look at a wiring diagram for it would let you know for sure. I don't have one off hand, but for the older cars it is no biggie.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It won't hurt anything and you can change it to buzzer if you want

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor