Schwartz Perf chassis under a Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geed_up_442

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
Any pics from the open house? Howebad i commend you on the build, I've been following on the protouring site, good to see you over here.

Howebad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2012
pontiacgp said:
Howebad said:
pontiacgp said:
nice and I like the manual brake set up. What master are you running?

Master cylinder is a 1970 Corvette manual unit. $23.00, can't beat the price and works great.

does that master have residual valves or did you them in the lines..

If you look at the bottom picture you will see a Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve mount on the wheel tub.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I saw the proportioning valve but I was wondering about the residual pressure needed to prevent the piston in the callipers backing off

Howebad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2012
442_7.5ltr said:
Any pics from the open house? Howebad i commend you on the build, I've been following on the protouring site, good to see you over here.

I did not take any pictures. As to why I cannot answer. Had the camera in the truck and phone in my pocket. If you go to the Schwartz Facebook page there are several pictures.

Howebad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2012
pontiacgp said:
I saw the proportioning valve but I was wondering about the residual pressure needed to prevent the piston in the callipers backing off

Guess I can't give you a specific answer. This was recommended to me by Jeff when I questioned about a master cylinder. He has used it on several of his builds and said on a budget it couldn't be beat. It is very heavy. I can add that the brakes operate very well. Bleed a liitle air out today. Next I need to play with the bias.

Howebad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2012
Car will be at Car Craft. Hope to participate in the Real Street Eliminator. Will be on the Autocross. Look me up as say hi.

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
That master looks like one I had on my 67 chevelle many yrs ago. Man, those things are heavy. Why didnt you go with something a little more mordern in aluminum? I am using one out of an early 90s caprice and it work great plus very light and very inexpensive. Great build, by the way.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
If money was no problem when bilding my Regal I'd buy that chassis and go with the willwood scallop style rotors and keep 10" wide tires but I'd go a different way with the motor because I'm more than sick of LS motors in everything.

I'd put a 1JZ or 2JZ toyota motor in the car because it would still be a 6 cylinder but with a ton more power than any v6 plus the 2JZs have the ability to get up into the 1000 hp range (i'd only go 400-500 max lol). I love th build though and glad you went with this instead of the RS

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
84cutlassjuggalo said:
If money was no problem when bilding my Regal I'd buy that chassis and go with the willwood scallop style rotors and keep 10" wide tires but I'd go a different way with the motor because I'm more than sick of LS motors in everything.

I'd put a 1JZ or 2JZ toyota motor in the car because it would still be a 6 cylinder but with a ton more power than any v6 plus the 2JZs have the ability to get up into the 1000 hp range (i'd only go 400-500 max lol). I love th build though and glad you went with this instead of the RS

If you're going that extreme, you should give it a transaxle too. It would be the most insane tool of automotive mayhem ever devised.

Howebad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2012
lsx80monte said:
That master looks like one I had on my 67 chevelle many yrs ago. Man, those things are heavy. Why didnt you go with something a little more mordern in aluminum? I am using one out of an early 90s caprice and it work great plus very light and very inexpensive. Great build, by the way.

It is very heavy. You have to remember I need one for manual brakes with a large bore. At some point it will probably be swapped for a Wilwood unit. I had cut $$$ where I could and this saved over $100.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor