-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Way too beautiful of a car to half *ss it like that. Not trying to be a dick but that look will never work. I think a shaker would be the ultimate solution. Either that or what HAFROD said about using your 4" innards to make a 6" work. Either way there's gotta be a better solution than putting a scoop on another scoop.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Way too beautiful of a car to half *ss it like that. Not trying to be a dick but that look will never work. I think a shaker would be the ultimate solution. Either that or what HAFROD said about using your 4" innards to make a 6" work. Either way there's gotta be a better solution than putting a scoop on another scoop.
Using the inner structure of my hood won't work it is basically a smaller version of the outer shell.
Are you saying a shaker scoop through my 4" cowl?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Are you saying a shaker scoop through my 4" cowl?
No I meant go with a stock hood, or an aftermarket fiberglass flat hood for weight, and make a 1 of 1 shaker scoop for it. It would take a lot of homework but I feel it would fit the look or "theme" of the car a lot better. Everything else is 1 off, plus shaker hoods are just SEXY. One day my aerocoupe will have one. Til then im stuck with the same hood you currently have.

I know its all easier said than done but this will make or break the car. I will bet the title of my aero on the fact that you won't be satisfied with the original plan of the scoop on a scoop.

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
No I meant go with a stock hood, or an aftermarket fiberglass flat hood for weight
I figured you meant a flat hood, it won't work I barely have room to close my hood without an air cleaner on a 2" cowl hood so on a flat hood my carb would be above the hood, probably defeats the purpose of having a shaker scoop.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
565, if you want my opinion.... I honestly think that the fix for this problem is going to be a custom made hood. You have went to great lengths and expense to create a beautiful, beast of a car. You've got custom touches all over it. The only thing that is gonna do your sweet *ss car justice is gonna be an, engineered to your car, custom made hood and air filter set up. You've went this far on this car, what's a custom hood at this point, right?

That's my opinion, either make one or have one made and work out an air filter setup that fits the hood. It'll be one more "Wow, look at that!" to add to the list that your car has now.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I honestly think that the fix for this problem is going to be a custom made hood.
The thing that bothers me about doing that is you don't know what you are going to get until it shows up and you already paid a lot of money, I have been lucky that both the fiberglass hoods I have bought have fit well with minimal work but more times than not you hear the opposite.
I like my Harwood and if they made a bolt on 6" I would have already bought it.

Last edited:

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
The thing that bothers me about doing that is you don't what you are going to get until it shows up and you already paid a lot of money, I have been lucky that both the fiberglass hoods I have bought have fit well with minimal work but more times than not you hear the opposite.
I like my Harwood and if they made a bolt on 6" I would have already bought it.

Are there any places local to you that do that kind of work?

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor