Should I really worry about my G-Body getting stolen?

D you have an anti-theft device on your G-Body?

• Yes

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
you showed him what t-tops are for :lol:

Is there any way to prevent a thief from using one of those flat bars to unlock the door? I always thought you should be able to weld a piece of sheet metal perpendicular to the door frame, so it wouldn't interfere with the window and stop anyone from sticking that bar down there.

I already have some kill switches, and I'm going to get one of those colum locks. I really dont want my car stolen by some scum bag.

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
88hurstolds said:
DrRansom442 said:
lol I was in Overland at the QT by 270. This dude taps on my window "yo, how much you sell this car to me for?". I look around the car puzzled and reply back "Do you see a for sale sign?" ::pointing at all the windows:: Guy calls me some racist terms and starts acting all tough .... he was a fast runner though. He must have moved 50 yards before I even had the door all the way open ... I wasn't about to try and run after him. I'm a big guy and he was probably all of 120 pounds soaking wet.

I had one guy try to get in my car when I had the t-tops off, I gunned it and his head hit the b-pillar... fvckin POS.
Carbondale, IL is filled with racists and they aren't white...

Now that is crazy

n8dogg

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2009
Winnipeg, Canada
in manitoba I had to get a immobilizer installed in mine just to be able to get insurance. It kinda sucks but at least will be pretty tough to be stolen. I also have an alarm and 5% tinted windows lol

DelOhio

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2009
Delaware, Ohio
In reguards to gettin a CD player stolen outa any car. You need to super glue a few razor blades to the back of the cd player. Trust me! It works great and it will leave DNA evidence behind for the police to collect.

n8dogg

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2009
Winnipeg, Canada
I also went one step further and put two 120db sirens IN the car as well as under the hood. HA try to steal that deck and still have hearing you theif bastards

ps the razor blade trick is a beauty! lol!

Reactions: 1 user

DJLATIN

Apprentice
Mar 1, 2009
La Porte, TX
i used a club in one of my regals. they took the regal, stripped it and to add insult, place the club on the drivers seat in locked position. since then i've used those brake clubs and haven't had any issues with anyone trying to steal my g'bodies.

1979mc

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2008
Houston TX
3XBrownCutty said:
you showed him what t-tops are for :lol:

Is there any way to prevent a thief from using one of those flat bars to unlock the door? I always thought you should be able to weld a piece of sheet metal perpendicular to the door frame, so it wouldn't interfere with the window and stop anyone from sticking that bar down there.
I already have some kill switches, and I'm going to get one of those colum locks. I really dont want my car stolen by some scum bag.

are you talking about a 2dr or 4dr?

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
who steals 4 doors????? ::kidding:: no really a fodor?

1979mc

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2008
Houston TX
DrRansom442 said:
who steals 4 doors????? ::kidding:: no really a fodor?
thats what i figured but just wanted to make sure. since your talking about a "tudor" car there isn't anything you can do to keep someone out. the two door car doesn't have a frame around the window allowing the thief to simply pull the top of the window out far enough to stick his arm in and unlock the car. and no the window won't break i have done it many times when i locked the keys in the car. there for making my original question valid because it would be pointless to waste money to block someone from using a slim jim on a 2dr g body

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
You could weld a piece of steel to block a slim jim from pushing on the lock cylinder, yes. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to break into a G-Body. I unlocked mine once with a tire iron (~ 3/4" diameter)... there's that much room between the window and door shell :shock:

Attachments

• DSC00860.JPG
    DSC00860.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 193
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor