Space City 1982 GP Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's looking great but if you are open to suggestion I think you might want to upgrade your driveshaft...🙂

20171123_122345-jpg.77567
You don't think it will stand up to 400 ft. lbs.? But I already painted it yellow!

I guees
You don't think it will stand up to 400 ft. lbs.? But I already painted it yellow!

Depending on the quality of paint and if it's lead based it may be strong enough. I'm glad to hear the weather is good enough to paint, I guess your weather is probably getting to be a nice temperature to work on the GP. ...🙂

Last edited:
Glad to see you back at it!

Thanks Zach. I appreciate the support.

I guees

Depending on the quality of paint and if it's lead based it may be strong enough. I'm glad to hear the weather is good enough to paint, I guess your weather is probably getting to be a nice temperature to work on the GP. ...🙂

I'll have to tell the story on the floor jack that handle belongs to later, Steve. It is somewhat amusing. Yes, the weather here is spectacular. Sunny with a high of 70°. It hasn't sucked being at the storage all day the past few days.

Glad to see you hard at work on the GP! This one build I have been waiting for

Thanks sir. The support is appreciated.

Jared, it was great seeing the Camaro and your dad's Ford build and I know working with your family and friends on those cars are awesome times but it's great that you're getting back to your project. With the quality work that you do I'm anxious to see your GP finished.

Jared, it was great seeing the Camaro and your dad's Ford build and I know working with your family and friends on those cars are awesome times but it's great that you're getting back to your project. With the quality work that you do I'm anxious to see your GP finished.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Steve. Are they ever really finished?

Nice to see you getting back on the car Jared. Will be watching for updates...

Thanks for tuning in Kevin. It's good to be working on it again, though it has a long way to go to be driving it.

Yea man! I've said it before I'm not a GP guy but I like that car. Can't wait to see some progress

Thanks Eric. I have an update coming. Thanks for the compliment on the car.

Great photos, and a good update. Will be keeping an eye on this.

Thanks for tuning in. Here comes an update....

I had a pretty good day on the car yesterday. When I left the storage Thursday evening, I needed some foam tape for the heater core, some contact cement to glue the seals to the new evaporator core and I wanted to clean out the mesh 'filter' that was on the cabin side of the evaporator core. I started yesterday morning cleaning it up but there was small debris trapped in it that wouldn't rinse out and it seemed a little cooked. It reminded me of the material used for the air filter for a window A/C unit. I went to the hardware store and came up with this. It wasn't identical but I figured it was a little better than stock since it is finer material.....

20171124_093008.jpg

When I got to the storage, I started with gluing the seals to the evaporator core. These were from a kit to refurbish the HVAC case that I got from The Parts Place. It's a pretty good kit. Gluing on the seals took some patience since the glue had to tack up for 15 minutes and I glued these pieces on in 5 stages to help ensure I got them on right.....

20171124_100001.jpg

20171124_110416.jpg

Here is a look at the filter material installed on the evaporator core....

20171124_111110.jpg

20171124_111127.jpg

While I was gluing on the seals I was putting the foam tape on the new heater core to help make it fit better...

20171124_100007.jpg

Here's a look inside the HVAC case to show the clean up. I dug a lot of dried up, dirt crusted sealer out of here and replaced it with 3m strip caulk....

20171124_092848.jpg

Here's the heater core going in. The foam made it fit pretty nice. I also put some foam down inside the case on either side of the lower tank bracket. You can also see the new foam seals on the top of the heater core module that seal it to the top of the case....

20171124_105541.jpg

Here's a look at the evaporator in place and you can see the rope caulk that came with the HVAC refurbishment kit in place, ready for the top....

20171124_125402.jpg

Heres a look with the case buttoned up. I also installed the blower motor, which I repainted back in April. I also installed the accumulator mount bracket which I cleaned up and sprayed with a satin clear back in april to keep the natural appearance. I also installed a new blower relay. I cleaned all the little bolts and sprayed them with satin black VHT chassis and roll bar paint. I like that stuff. It is epoxy based, doesn't require primer, and holds up to the tools pretty darn well.....

20171124_143938.jpg

The blower resistor looked a little crusty so I found an NOS Delco on Ebay for like $8 shipped. I bought it on my phone right there at the storage. I'll swap it out as soon as it comes in.

That's 10 pics, so I'm going to ho ahead and post this but I have more to follow. Stay tuned....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor