Stainless Steel Radiator hoses

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimsmonte80

Apprentice
Aug 22, 2011
I bought the cheapest sets off EBay, still look great 10 years later. As said the clamps do strip out and the larger outlet is a problem. I had to buy an extra 2" to 1.5" adapter on my water pump and the polished sleeve wouldn't fit. It should fit a 1.75" to 1.5" adapter, which can also be bought separately. Make sure to not cut them too short and make sure the top hose is clear of the alternator. The torque of the motor had the alt fan hit and cut through the hose.

Do you have a larger then 1.75 inch pipe off the water pump? Hoping this kit will work with my chevy water pump. Not sure if you have the olds engine that is different larger size. As for the alternator, Mine is on the passenger side with the A/C compressor. Driver side it wide open for clearance. Thanks for the input.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I do have a large metal shop saw that seamed to work well for stainless steel braided hose, should make nice smooth clean cuts through the radiator hoses. Sorry to hear about your engine problem, I feel your pain. I have that same idea about setting my G-body apart from the rest. All Teflon lined stainless steel hoses. I am planning on keeping the A/C for that extra look. I ordered that kit off ebay soon as I seen your reply and pictures. Thinking about getting the heater hose kit as well.

Thanks again.
No problem, i did the teflon lined hoses for my power steering....they were a bear getting the fittings angled right but they turned out well. Also used braided brake lines for the master cylinder to prop valve but those were premade as well as the stainless brake line kit. All fuel lines and trans cooler lines are stainless "an" style. I have an aluminum water pump on my chevy motor and the sleeves worked fine with a little persuasion! No biggie on the motor...it was 10 years old and a def got my money out of it....the 1st fireup afyer 3 yrs of sitting it got too hot from a fuel starvation issue on the efi and cracked the block. Just means when the cutlass is done it will have a fresh motor in it but will look just like the pics.
Thanks again and let us know how the rad lines go.
Scott

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The Flowkooler pump for Olds has a 1 7/8" inlet, so I needed a 2" to 1.5" adapter. No reason a 1 3/4" to 1.5" adapter shouldn't work, as long as the inlet is close to 1 3/4". As I said the sleeve should fit a 1 3/4" adapter, didn't on the 2".

Burns

n00b
Jan 12, 2016
Off the subject but I noticed those modified hood hinges and wondering if they work well for you? If so, what do they cost and where can I get some.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Off the subject but I noticed those modified hood hinges and wondering if they work well for you? If so, what do they cost and where can I get some.
They work great with the fiberglass hood. I modified buick regal/gn hinges i got off ebay a few years ago by welding the upper hood strut mount to the hinge after careful measuring and cutting. Got the struts from lift supports depot....if i recall they have a 100psi rating and are made for chrysler sebring decklids....in total i think i might have $75 in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor