steel ground effects/extended rockers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Got a little done this week on driver's side.removed my 14 year old silver lazer atripes, no easy task even with eraser wheel. tackeled the difficult area around my side exhaust cutout. Gave it a lil roll around the exhaust outlet.
DSC00711_zps5499f2a9.jpg

DSC00716_zps77c5a1b9.jpg

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I definitely appreciate your fabrication skills and I know some people don't care for the Camaro nose on an El Camino but I think you did a great job on it and it looks sinister also the engine bay and scoop came out really nice and I think your new steel rockers (ground effects) really add to the car and those tight gaps look great.
I think the only thing I would for sure change on the exterior is removal of your sword things on the back rear, since you have basically changed the whole look of your car from the older pictures I have seen I think it's time to add to the new sleekness. I do think your interior is just plain ugly (just way too much going on for my taste) Of coarse this is just my opinion, I'm guessing others probably love it.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
565, thanks. I have been working twoards smoothing things out more, but everything I do is difficult & I haven't had much time , so progress is slow. I anyone ever made a decent offer on the bed sword blades, they'd be gone. Handmade stainless was a lot of time to make. If that doesn't happen, I may raise the back of them , tuck them tighter,&spray anodized black.
The dash swoard blade will definitely go when I get a chance & the unfinished interior parts are holding the rest back.

I do get a lot of mixed opinions, but the one consistant thing I hear is that everything flows together better in person than in pics. Particularly the interior, which is somewhat of a street rod style & the bedcover, which looks bigger in pics. I've been held up over an hour at gas statios & food places by people admiring things that people online hate, so it is a little confusing here.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Tried a little dupli-color black ceramic engine paint for some temporary lower body paint.

The clear engine paint was extremely sensitive to moisture in the air, as seen on the blushing on the lower passenger side. Drivers side was black only.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
When you get some proper paint on there it will blend nice, like the side without the clear coat. I have had a lot off issues with rattle-can clean, as you said, it is really sensitive to humidity. Looking good though. :D

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The rockers came out really nice, I only really noticed in the third picture but I wonder if the fender vents were swapped to opposite sides would the rear of them follow the door/fender gap line better or did you try it that way first

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
I have so many little projects to do (a little at a time) that I needed something just spray can for now, but damn it's moisture sensitive. I painted my bedcover & tailgate under an open cover at work during a light mist with no issues.

As far as my fender vents, my plan has been to shape the fender itself to a vent similar to the Ferrari 599 gtb. Similar to now, but a flush design with the lines going all the way to the fender.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
jlcustomz said:
As far as my fender vents, my plan has been to shape the fender itself to a vent similar to the Ferrari 599 gtb. Similar to now, but a flush design with the lines going all the way to the fender.

Making those flush would be really cool, I'll look forward to seeing the finished product. I respect the talent regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor