Step by step-How to convert a Cutlass to a Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
So what are you gonna do about the quarters and tail panel?
Are you gonna separate the quarters at the factory roof weld and back half the car?
If that's the case it probably would have been easier to swap frames and floors if there was a rust issue underneath.
Regardless kudos on the hard work, that's quite a project!
You definately have a conversation piece when all said and done.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
I've seen another "hybrid" like yours, ant to fix the difference in the quarter lips, he threw on a set of those GNX Fender flares. You could still see the "Boxyness" of the cutlass lip, but definitely not as noticeable.

What are you gonna call it?? A Cutgal or a Reglass :lol:

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
i think you should put cutlass emblems on the trunk and regal emblems on the front
it would turn a couple more heads
cant wait to see that thing out on the street
good luck man

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
3XBrownCutty said:
I've seen another "hybrid" like yours, ant to fix the difference in the quarter lips, he threw on a set of those GNX Fender flares. You could still see the "Boxyness" of the cutlass lip, but definitely not as noticeable.

That was Hybrid T from www.turbobuick.com. However he went the oposite direction and made a Regal look like a Cutlass. Which is FAR easier to do than the other way around! Bascially all you need is the front sheet metal from a Cutlass and you bolt it onto a Regal then use the GNX flares to make the Cutlass front wheel well openings match the Regals.

Crossbreed

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2009
3XBrownCutty said:

So... you've made my brain start doing stuff... my wifes gonna hate you, cuz that usually means I'm spending money. I'm wondering, if the GNX flares were done like "cutout" flares on a 4X4 (trimming out the sheetmetal underneath), would any "Boxyness" be visible anymore? I was actually planning on grafting the Cutlass openings onto the Regal fenders... but this is another way to go that I hadn't thought about. Hmmm...
As for the rear-end, I am not cutting any factory welds at the roofline. Don't wanna mess up the structural integrity for cosmetic purposes. But my brain is still working. I will come up with something. And the bend on the Regal trunk is rusted a **** too.

Crossbreed

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2009
georgeathtx said:
lol...ok i see were your comming from...well so far so good...so r u gonna throw regal emblems or cutlass ones???

It's a toss up between Grand Prix emblems and Monte Carlo emblems.

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
No offence but that has to be one of the most retarded reasons to do this. And your wasting your time. If you wanted a regal, then what you should have done is taken all the good parts off the regal, stored them, scrapped the junk regal, get some more cash together and saved for a good regal instead of buying the Cutlass and doing a hack job.

In the end you still have a cutlass. But now its not even a decent car. You will grow tired of it as it isnt really a regal. And you will have a harder time selling it to get what you really wanted in the first place cause its a hacked up Cutlass.

So you wasted not only your apparently hard to come by money, but your time and a car.

:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor