strange brakelite problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherokeechief79

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2008
nj
im pretty sure its something I did wiring the new column.the old was a non tilt and the new was a tilt 3 yrs newer.right aeway I put it all together and the key worked backwards.then I found out (from you guys )that the tilt column uses ad different starter switch on the column.i changed it and the key works right now but the plug going into the switch had to be turned upside down to fit the plug on the switch on the column.
if I start pulling wires off of the column to see if this will go away where should I start?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
this might help

IgnitionSwitch.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

cherokeechief79

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2008
nj
thank you so much for the diagram.
i wont be able to look at it tomorrow.do you think its possible one of those 2 long connectors could be plugged in the wrong way?or are they keyed so that isn't possible.
as I stated before I had to put a starter switch from a tilt wheel on it to get the key to turn in the right direction.in doing so I had to plug those in flipped or opposite of what they were with the non tilt configuration.

cherokeechief79

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2008
nj
just thought I would update you guys on this.i pulled both tail lites out.the side im having trouble with had 2 brand new looking bulbs in it.they had silver bottoms on them when the other side had brass.i switched all of the lights with brass bottom 1257s and everything is working as it should.
there must have been something wrong with the 2 newer bulbs even though the elements looked good inside and they said 1157 on them.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor