Stupid things buyers/sellers do

Status
Not open for further replies.

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
NO!!! ,you are not a piece sh*t....................The car was driven 3 hours home 10 days ago......what has the new owner been doing for 10 days ? Burn out contests with his buddies for 10 days straight ?

Stop letting the buyer guilt you!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
NO!!! ,you are not a piece sh*t....................The car was driven 3 hours home 10 days ago......what has the new owner been doing for 10 days ? Burn out contests with his buddies for 10 days straight ?

Stop letting the buyer guilt you!

Well, it was actually only driven home this passed Sunday, but that's besides the point. You're right, who knows what he did to this car. Guy couldn't check the oil even once on a home built hot rod that wasn't his? Gimme a break. I checked the oil in my clapped out jetta before I handed over the cash, and not just to make sure it had oil, but to make sure there was nothing else in there. And as far as I know, it was just oil in the cutty and lots of it.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'd ask him what the oil level was when he left your place, and when did he check it last.

When he says he didn't check it, tell him it's his problem since he NEVER CHECKED THE OIL.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I had a radial arm saw listed on Craigslist for a bit. I listed it for $50 which was way cheaper than any others on there but had no takers after 2 weeks. I decided I wanted it gone so I listed on a local give away group on Facebook. I had 3 people right away. I arranged for the first guy to come get it the next day between 11-1. I had on the post first come first serve. He said “is it a race? Do I need to come earlier or is 11 ok?” I said 11 is fine. He asked that I leave it outside so he could get it. I said I’ll leave it on my truck. I texted him in the am that I was putting it on the truck and he said he had a few errands to run and he’d be by. 1:00pm rolls around and he wasn’t there. I texted him and he said he was running a little late and would be there. 2:30 comes and he wasn’t there. I told him I’m giving it to someone else. He didn’t understand that I gave him ample time to show. He thought that since I said I was available all week that meant I’d hold it all week. I explained that I went above and beyond what I should have done to accommodate him, especially that I was giving it away. I texted the other person and she came in 10 minutes. He texted me at 6:00 to see if I still had it. Some people are just stupid I guess.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Well, it was actually only driven home this passed Sunday, but that's besides the point. You're right, who knows what he did to this car. Guy couldn't check the oil even once on a home built hot rod that wasn't his? Gimme a break. I checked the oil in my clapped out jetta before I handed over the cash, and not just to make sure it had oil, but to make sure there was nothing else in there. And as far as I know, it was just oil in the cutty and lots of it.
Who knows what he did in that time. Sometimes sh*t happens. Shame he ruined your old car.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Now this oil thing has me thinking about thinking about the trade deal that got me my '72 Monte back in the early '90's. Guy selling the car was in need of an Olds engine to replace the dead 307 in his Le Sabre. I knew a Olds guy from work (Pep Boys) & had a few good early '70's 350's. Got the 350 (one with "Oldsmobile" embosed valve covers), inspected & resealed all openings/ports. Dropped it off & collected the '72 & all it's extra parts. Over six months later he shows up at work for some stuff & then he pulls a perfect shape used 3/8" sheet metal bolt with washer. He claims that 350 had it in #5 cylinder & it wrecked the engine after he put it in. I asked for it, took it to the shop side to show the Olds guy it & he called bullsh!t. I told the guy I'd have to see about this after I was off work. Don't hear anything for another week then he calls me. He demanded another engine to replace the "bad" 350 I gave him. I said OK, I'll need that 350 back then. He responded by telling me it was alredy gone, had another same year 350 in it but he would give me the dead 307 in exchange for the demanded replacement 350. I told him that was a no-go, the Olds guy had copied the VIN & ID code off the 350 so we could check to make sure that "other" 350 matched, asked why he kept the dead 307 but claimed to of gotten rid of the 350 cause it was junk. He started to trip over his words, claimed he was getting a lawyer to sue, told me to "love" myself & hung up. Never heard or seen him again.

• Wow

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
When I list a part for sale and clearly state that I travel for work and need 3-5 business days for shipping After payment clears and still get buyers asking me only a few hours after paying “did you ship” “where’s my tracking number”. I usually ship within 48 hours anyways but still. Hours later?

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Now this oil thing has me thinking about thinking about the trade deal that got me my '72 Monte back in the early '90's. Guy selling the car was in need of an Olds engine to replace the dead 307 in his Le Sabre. I knew a Olds guy from work (Pep Boys) & had a few good early '70's 350's. Got the 350 (one with "Oldsmobile" embosed valve covers), inspected & resealed all openings/ports. Dropped it off & collected the '72 & all it's extra parts. Over six months later he shows up at work for some stuff & then he pulls a perfect shape used 3/8" sheet metal bolt with washer. He claims that 350 had it in #5 cylinder & it wrecked the engine after he put it in. I asked for it, took it to the shop side to show the Olds guy it & he called bullsh!t. I told the guy I'd have to see about this after I was off work. Don't hear anything for another week then he calls me. He demanded another engine to replace the "bad" 350 I gave him. I said OK, I'll need that 350 back then. He responded by telling me it was alredy gone, had another same year 350 in it but he would give me the dead 307 in exchange for the demanded replacement 350. I told him that was a no-go, the Olds guy had copied the VIN & ID code off the 350 so we could check to make sure that "other" 350 matched, asked why he kept the dead 307 but claimed to of gotten rid of the 350 cause it was junk. He started to trip over his words, claimed he was getting a lawyer to sue, told me to "love" myself & hung up. Never heard or seen him again.

Yeah, when i read about the no oil deal, it brought to mind all the ebay sales where something was "wrong" after they bought it and it was far away. I thought the guy might be seeing if he could get the car and some cash back to boot.

As-is, where is...always.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well.... I guess nothing goes as good as it seems.

This kid just texted me to tell me the motors ****ed in the Cutty, and I felt really bad and a little upset until I read his last text, that said "pretty rough for you to let me drive away in a car with no oil." Now I don't feel bad but am REALLY ****ING UPSET. I poured my blood, sweat, tears, and a ton of hard earned money into this motor, and for him to blame me for not checking the oil?! After replacing the belts, giving him spare belts, and letting go of the shaker scoop I said wasn't included in the ad, all out of kindness so he wouldn't have to do any screwing around and could just get on the road. Keep in mind I told him that a 3 hour highway drive is NOT what this car was built to do.

Who buys a car like this and doesn't pull the dipstick??? As far as I know, this had oil in it when it left my driveway. Plus it wouldn't have made the drive if it didnt....

I'm struggling here, am I a piece of sh*t?

Wow, that’s rough.
I get accused of being cynical and thinking the worst of people all the time, but I tell ya what - I’m seldom proven wrong when it comes to the great unwashed general public. I don’t like most people, and I also don’t trust them any farther than I can throw them.

This has scam written all over it and smacks of another POS looking for something for nothing. As was already said, you officially became absolved of all accountability once the money and title changed hands, “Sold as is, where is”. I always make sure that’s on any bill of sale for anything I sell. Always CYA, hopefully you had it on there too.

Either way, it’s on him and definitely not you. I totally understand your being upset, I would be too, but don’t lose an ounce of sleep over it. You’re definitely not the piece of sh*t here.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor