Suck N Blow Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Man you gotta get that thing on the dyno.
As interesting that might be, it is not important to me. This car was never intended to be a high horsepower build. A fun cruising car, witch it is now. I have a high horsepower car sitting in a garage, if I want to do that. I would rather find a tuner near by that knew how to tune a car like this. My friend Chris is talking his two Grand National's to Ohio to get tuned.

Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
As interesting that might be, it is not important to me. This car was never intended to be a high horsepower build. A fun cruising car, witch it is now. I have a high horsepower car sitting in a garage, if I want to do that. I would rather find a tuner near by that knew how to tune a car like this. My friend Chris is talking his two Grand National's to Ohio to get tuned.
Mines not either... But I like knowing what I'm working with. All 211rwhp with a moldy *ss air filter not nearly enough timing and a rich as he'll afr at wot. You telling me you ain't the leeeeeast bit curious?
And you dont have to dyno to tune, just get a baseline, and tune accordingly on your own time. You got all them fancy computers on board so it should make it a snap.

Plus I need to know how much nitrous I need to beat you. :p

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Mines not either... But I like knowing what I'm working with. All 211rwhp with a moldy *ss air filter not nearly enough timing and a rich as he'll afr at wot. You telling me you ain't the leeeeeast bit curious?
And you dont have to dyno to tune, just get a baseline, and tune accordingly on your own time. You got all them fancy computers on board so it should make it a snap.

Plus I need to know how much nitrous I need to beat you. :p
I think the first step for you is to learn how to keep it together! I am not talking about having any yoyo in Des Moines tune my engine. The person needs to know Buick sixs and turbocharging. I am getting it closer every time I mess with it, but it is far from optimal and efficient as it could be. That is what the professional's do for you! As for horsepower power. It is only a number. It doesn't really matter how much, as to how it does it. The more efficient the engine is and how it matches what you want to do. You can have a 700 hrp engine that peeks at 10000rpm and a 400hrp that peeks at 5000 rpm. The 400 horsepower engine will probably be more fun on the street. Say I make 300 horsepower but at 2500 rpm where I spend most of my time I make 250 horsepower that would be quick on the street. Hope that makes some sense? Come over some time and I will give you a ride in the Monte and one in the Nova.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Just letting people know what I have been up to, and keeping the thread from getting locked. The car is hibernating in my mom's shop for the winter. I have a few things planned for it in the spring and summer. We have been renovating our house. We added an 30x18 addition, new windows, roof, siding, furnace, and inside updates.
20190814_193234.jpg
Before.
20191103_103729.jpg
After. Most of the work is getting hired done, but a lot of moving stuff around and headaches. I also put concrete in my shed.
20191005_211201.jpg
I have put the shop pretty much back together now. I framed the ceiling so I can pannel and insulate it. Also added some more lights and outlets. I have to stop on that for now because my time and money is needed in the house.
20191206_202953.jpg
I did spend a little time fixing up my old free welding table.
20191124_151238.jpg
Before.
20191206_202904.jpg
After. Next is putting wheels on my work bench. Right now I am drywalling my dining room and putting a new floor in.
20191222_140822.jpg
So ya I have been busy! I haven't forgotten about the Monte though. I would rather work on that than drywall.

Reactions: 9 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I have not posted in my thread in a while. The dining room has been finished for a while and the ceiling in the kitchen has been fixed. I am sick of working on the house!
20200126_225058.jpg
I don't have a picture of the final project I guess, but it is all trimmed out to match the old woodwork of the rest of the house. I have been kind of lazy the last few weeks. I brought my Monte home a couple weeks ago.
20200329_174904.jpg
You can see my new toy sitting behind it. A 2003 Buick Regal GS. The Regal will be replacing my daily beater. I forgotten how awesome my car runs. I am in awe as to how it drives. I have decided I do not need to do anything for power or performance to it. I am not sure why it runs so good. Veritable timing? Better fueling? What ever I did it is right! Come take a ride in it, you will be expressed. So I am going to work on a few bugs and just drive it. First order of business was to replace my surpinte belt.
20200330_203306.jpg
Not sure what happened there, but it took a rib off. Either it stretched and was rubbing or my alternator pulley is not quite right. Time will tell. So now the plan is. Replace the belt (done). Change the oil. Fix the power steering resivior problem. Fix the Holley tuch screen wacky problem. Get the AC to work right. Tweak on the tune a little bit, and replace the spark plugs. O and beat on it and drive the crap out of it!

Reactions: 8 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
A little more on my other car. My daily driver is getting to be rough shape. It runs good with 215000 miles on it but the rust has made it unsafe for my kids to be riding in it. I decided I wanted a car that was fun to drive, reliable, haul my kids and something unique. So I bought a Regal GS.
20200322_122138.jpg
It has 150000 miles on it. Looks pretty good. It has been repainted at some point. It is a 20 footer. It drives good and overall is in good shape. The rockers are getting soft though. So I give it 5-7 years and it probably will be junk. The secret to this car is this.
20200322_133249.jpg
It looks like a grandpa car, but it will kick some *ss! I also have a bunch of spare parts for a 3800 engine and another engine with 20000 miles sitting on a stand. I kind of want this engine for future plans too. I have been fixing little things on the car lately.
20200322_133330.jpg
Last week I replaced the rear speaker covers and the broken cup holders. When I test fit a different set of rims I have I found the anti roll bar in the front is broke. It is not attached to the left a frame. So I have a new solid bar and a stage 1 kit coming from ZZP. The stage 1 kit will wake it up more and give it more boost. Any one interested in hearing about this car any more?

Reactions: 8 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users

BuickOldsPontiac

Master Mechanic
Oct 14, 2011
Sterling Heights, MI
Love the Regal GS! I had an '01 for years, it was a fun car to drive. I sold it to my brother and eventually rust did it in, but the engine and transmission were still running great (and my brother, at the time, was rough on cars).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor