Suck N Blow Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Will the Sniper pull timing under boost? Maybe something like an MSD Boost Retard is in order? Or, maybe just meth injection....?
The Sniper no. The Super Sniper witch I have yes. I also run 93 octane with occasional some 110 race fuel mixed in.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
BOVs aren't fitted from the factory, but they should be.

1589999090140.png

Kinda miss that car, kinda.

Reactions: 5 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I had big plans of getting my engine back together this weekend beings it was a three day weekend. That turned out to be a bust. About midweek we found out Sam's grandmother's health was failing. That took up several nights this week. She died Sunday morning. She died young at 71. I had a birthday party for Sam's niece on Saturday and got talked into trucking water to fill my Sister in laws pool. Sunday I had to get caught up on yard work and put stuff away. Then I worked on my wife's car for couple hours. That left me Today. I had to watch the kids most of the morning and my Mother showed up this afternoon. Started putting the heads back on. Found four of my head studs were too long. That ended that idea. I guess they changed the head mounting bolts somewhere along the line. I got four shorter head studs ordered. It will be a week before I get them and another 40 bucks. So I went back to cleaning and painting.
20200525_211405.jpg
DRIVEN is going to be a little disappointed with me! Even though I scrubbed the firewall with solvent and scuffed what I could, I painted over some dirt and crap seam sealer. Sorry it happens! It is primed and ready for paint. I did get this fixed along with getting some other parts cleaned and painted this past week.
20200524_164928.jpg
It is going to be a busy week at work this week and Saturday I have a celebration of life to go to. We will see what I can get done. I am also looking into adding a BOV to my setup.

Reactions: 6 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Well she is alive! Got it back together last Sunday. There was supposed to be a car show five miles from my house in Kamrar today. I washed it up and drove it there to find out it was canceled and they never advertised it being canceled. So I crushed it for 70 miles and went back home.
20200628_133053.jpg
It still runs pretty good. I didn't beat on it too much because I put 91 in the tank and it is hot and humid today. Here is a couple pictures of the engine and engine bay cleaned up a little bit.
20200628_133833.jpg
20200628_133842.jpg
I didn't repaint the easy stuff yet, just the stuff that was disassembled and hard to get at later. The good news. I routed the Sniper controller wiring differently and away from everything else and it worked much better. It only acted up when I stopped in Kamrar and left it running while I talked to a couple people. Once I started driving again it went back to normal. So I think the problem is engine heat related. I did finally put my new missing pocket trim piece on.
20200628_133725.jpg
20200628_133802.jpg
I had a decent used one, but I lost it last year somehow. That's all I got for now. Next I need to get the A/C working again.

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Engine compartment looks great! Glad to see it back on the road.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor