CUTLASS Swap 3.8 with 383 stroker

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
To your hijacking no problem my love it anybody can hijack that’s just a much more I learn. I’ve got another interesting question on the upper control arm back where it bolts on,, the old one was round and the new one is moog that can either sit back further or up further and do you put the spacers back because it’s a thinner piece. Does that make sense
Those Moog cross shafts are ment to "correct" the control arm from stock to a improved position. They are ment to mount one way as they are marked how they are to be mounted. No spacers but shims for camber adjustment. I have them on my car.

Reactions: 1 user

Zzz

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
Those Moog cross shafts are ment to "correct" the control arm from stock to a improved position. They are ment to mount one way as they are marked how they are to be mounted. No spacers but shims for camber adjustment. I have them on my car.
Ok
feel kind of dumb it says right on it wheel side thanks for the answer really helps to keep things going.

Zzz

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
Ok

feel kind of dumb it says right on it wheel side thanks for the answer really helps to keep things going.
Well obviously I did the spring compressor wrong because now I can’t get it out anybody got an idea about that

Attachments

• C1FFFF4F-059E-4E98-A1FA-176821CC930C.jpeg
    C1FFFF4F-059E-4E98-A1FA-176821CC930C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 204

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Big pry bar?
I modified an internal compressor so I can honestly say I have never seen that before.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Zzz

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
I don't see this ending well.
I got the spring compressor parts out and everything turned out OK I am wondering about the air and heat housing part on the firewall can that be used with a V-8 since it was a six cylinder in the car. And all the little vacuum Controls

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am wondering about the air and heat housing part on the firewall can that be used with a V-8 since it was a six cylinder in the car. And all the little vacuum Controls
The ac/heater case is the same for V8 and V6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor