Sweet car, but WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
wow. its hard to believe someone thinks they can break even on a "custom" project car like this.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
3XBrownCutty said:
wow. its hard to believe someone thinks they can break even on a "custom" project car like this.

Yep, he may have spent that much or more but you can't expect to make it all back, especially in this economy. It does look like a nice ride though.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
I got one of those files full of receipts too ,I would bet most of us do. I have spent so much money on the El Camino over the past 30 years it's mind boggling. I even have it insured for a boat load of money. But I know there is no way I could sell the car in this economy for any where neer what I have in it.That is just a fact. :roll:

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
Stock looking interior that doesnt match the rest of the car. All those decals beneath the door, on the hood and trunk. IMO that is one ugly *ss monte

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Wow if im payin $45,000 for a Gbody it would have to be a Grand National. Thats about the only one that would get close to that much money!

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I was about to say the price wasn't to bad. But then I realized I was looking at the top bid, not the reserve. :shock:

tonchis97

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2010
-83MONTESS- said:
Wow if im payin $45,000 for a Gbody it would have to be a Grand National. Thats about the only one that would get close to that much money!

and it better be a bad *ss looking grand national for that amount i would rather go to a fully restored 71 442

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Alright. Right off the bat i see Factory control arms, which means with all the power it handles sloppy. Bushings and ball joints can only do so much.

Is he crazy? yeah, But the 2 bidders are more of a nut job then he is.

45k buy it now? LOLLLLLLLLL I could almost build TWO of those for that price.

Scratch that, i COULD build two of those for that price.

Granted he did a pretty baller ****ing job tubing the trunk, and even made it look nice in the rear seat area. But I'd have done an even better job, with fiberglass.

That 502 is t*ts. Turbo 350 though? really? You'll never see that car on the highway.

What really gets me is that from the description and pictures it doesn't look like he's done much at all with the suspension setup. Which sucks, because our cars from the factory didn't handle very well.

And more importantly, i wonder if he's got any frame braces installed, or if he boxed the frame. With that setup, and no reinforcement you're doomed for problems. sh*t the g_body frames flex alil under the power load of the stock drivetrain. With 600HP that mother****er will probably eat the white walls right off the face of the tires on tight turns!

That's my 2 cents, nice car though.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
tonchis97 said:
-83MONTESS- said:

and it better be a bad *ss looking grand national for that amount i would rather go to a fully restored 71 442
Or a 69 Hurst Olds like in my avatar lol!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor