Sweet car, but WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

85ss808

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2010
Kapolei, HI
:wtf: is right- 90K invested??? Either somebody got screwed or somebody is about to get screwed....
hmmm...but that 502 is making me drool.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
CamaroAdam73 said:
Is he crazy? yeah, But the 2 bidders are more of a nut job then he is.

45k buy it now? LOLLLLLLLLL I could almost build TWO of those for that price.
If you actually read the listing, he says that more than 90k was put into the car.

CamaroAdam73 said:
That 502 is t*ts. Turbo 350 though? really? You'll never see that car on the highway.
I think it's meant to drive at the strip and around town to cruise nights, not on the highway. But I may be wrong

CamaroAdam73 said:
What really gets me is that from the description and pictures it doesn't look like he's done much at all with the suspension setup. Which sucks, because our cars from the factory didn't handle very well.

And more importantly, i wonder if he's got any frame braces installed, or if he boxed the frame. With that setup, and no reinforcement you're doomed for problems. sh*t the g_body frames flex alil under the power load of the stock drivetrain. With 600HP that mother****er will probably eat the white walls right off the face of the tires on tight turns!

That rear suspension is pretty far from stock. I'd be willing to bet if the car was backhalved, then it's probably got a boxed frame

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
-I agree wholeheartedly on this guy being nuts!
-I agree 45k is a crazy price!
-502 is nice, but way too much chrome...the word gaudy comes to mind.
-Front suspension looks all stock to me.
-The frame must have been strengthened, did anyone else notice that the exhaust pipes go through a crossmember that isn't the trans crossmember?? where do you get one of those??

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
79loserbluebu said:
CamaroAdam73 said:
If you actually read the listing, he says that more than 90k was put into the car.
X2 and that's just in parts. Though it could be the retail price. He's a mechanic so probably got dealer prices.

79loserbluebu said:
CamaroAdam73 said:
That 502 is t*ts. Turbo 350 though? really? You'll never see that car on the highway.
I think it's meant to drive at the strip and around town to cruise nights, not on the highway. But I may be wrong
Modified turbo 350. It's got OD and did I read 6 speeds?

79loserbluebu said:
That rear suspension is pretty far from stock. I'd be willing to bet if the car was backhalved, then it's probably got a boxed frame

x2

84cutspreme said:
The frame must have been strengthened, did anyone else notice that the exhaust pipes go through a crossmember that isn't the trans crossmember?? where do you get one of those??
x2! I figured it was custom.

I like how it's tubbed and still has a stock looking back seat though.

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
G-Body_Vet said:
my86442 said:
tc1959 said:
that guys on drugs, :blam:

Hey, the folder for my GP goes back to at least 1980 and looks just like that! I paid $1200. I must have gotten a killer deal huh? :rofl:
I think you did get the better end of the stick really :rofl: Thats a real accomplishment man, Congrats for not being a sucker :rofl: What the hell is the dude with the monte thinking anyway? :puke: :blam: i bought mine the way it sits and wouldnt ask no were near 20 for mine. Its not worth it with how sh***y the economy is. Who's got that kind of money to piss away like that?

Dumbass' and the rich need not to respond :bump:

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I bet Barrett Jackson was on when he posted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor