Switching to Single Plane Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

B Turberville

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 1, 2016
Texas
I have a 350 in my 85 SS Monte, I have a dual plane on it with a one inch spacer on top. Was just wondering if an actual open plenum would give me any gains. Also, would i need to swap anything else to make it run right? I've heard about more stall, but I'm not to sure. Reason I'm asking is that I have a single plane intake with no home as of now just sitting in the garage.
Thanks,
Blake,

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Would depend on the two intakes you are referring to and on all the other numbers of your build. Generally, I would say no. You have to try to understand where your airflow limitation is and then whether the single plane intake solves that problem? Going single can actually cause problems like with streetability [for example]. Many years ago a friend removed a Performer intake on his 350 Camaro for a Torquer and . . . put the Performer back on a couple weeks later.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Depends on your cars power band. The single plane is better suited for high rpm use, and will cost some you some lower rpm.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

B Turberville

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 1, 2016
Texas
yeah, thanks ive seen that video, i have the RPM performer on it, my car performs really really well out the hole, but i begins to die off on the big end, that when i notice people at the track get the edge on me, its a street rod, but i go to the track frequently for fun,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor