Switching to Single Plane Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

B Turberville

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 1, 2016
Texas
ohhhh, 64cc heads 473lift cam, have 1.6 roller rockers, rpm perfromer, 670 holley, 1500 stall, 373 gears and 245/60/r15 Mickey thompsons

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
What size are the runners on those heads (do you have a casting # or brand) - I hope it's small with what you have. Duration of the cam would tell me more. 1500 stall isn't much and what speed are you going through the traps at. I can tell you right now you defiantly don't want to put that intake on -

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Even with your 1.6 rockers your cam is barely over .500 lift, I would say the Performer RPM is more than adequate for your application and you would only loose low rpm power going with a single plane.
Also if your 1" spacer is open I would either switch to no spacer or use a 4 hole or Edelbrocks divided wall phenolic spacer.
The phenolic spacers work extremely well at insulating the carb from heat.
EDL-8725_ml.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor